Crocheted budgies, for a friend who loves birds but can't have one

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/28/crocheted-budgies-for-a-frien.html

9 Likes

Those are awesome.

7 Likes

They should make these out of bird seed and honey. And put them in the cage with other budgies.

2 Likes

So sad that a person can’t have budgies, they seem like the most inoffensive possible pet.

David Tennant likes them:

5 Likes

hoho, ur a bad bad man! :rofl:

1 Like

They’re not that inoffensive.

They’re smelly like any other birb, and they will casually chirp at earsplitting volume just because they’re bored.

They’re great animals to look at and interact with at a friend’s place, but I’d never want one personally.

2 Likes

Lol, I’ve had budgies for most of my life, and i’m afraid I don’t even heard the loud shrieky stuff, I think I tune it right out.

As far as the smell, maybe if there was a bunch of them, and their cage never got cleaned?, as they’re seed eaters, so their waste would have to really accumulate to smell.

They’re interesting, social little beasts (even the ones who hate/fear humans can’t help but be social), and it’s of course the closest many of us will come to living with a dinosaur:

6 Likes

Careful or their heads might fall off

1 Like

Can they stretch their wings in one of
those things??

Of course they’re bored.
I would be too…
The purpose for which they were designed
::;::::::::::::::to fly
is thwarted
At least they can gossip with each other.
Chirp

2 Likes

All the budgies I have known were crotchety.

4 Likes

Beautiful needlework (or hookwork).

3 Likes

Perhaps that’s the origin of the Australian slang term.

1 Like

“improvised the faces with felting.”

homer

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.