Another reason why crows are cool: they make nests out of anti-bird spikes

Originally published at: Another reason why crows are cool: they make nests out of anti-bird spikes | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Punk AF.

17 Likes
12 Likes

Crows are seriously the punkest of birds… but I guess in the genre of death rock? :thinking:

make-up boo GIF

10 Likes

Crows: the Goats of the air. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Or maybe goats are the crows of the ground? :thinking:

8 Likes

Ahem …

12 Likes

I hate crows. They like to perch off my bedroom and caw at the morning light. They come around and roost in the trees and caw all evening. Then they harass the hawks and owls, even my dog. They peck at my chimney and windows. I have a ready supply of acorns to throw at them to scare them off. Pain in the neck.

It sounds like we need a corvid/cenobite hybrid for this job.

“We have such nest sites to show you”

4 Likes

Needs more cenobite but interesting mid journey output

7 Likes

Never mind. This sort of thing happens every other day here.

Bing, “Pinhead from hellraiser but a crow”.

corvid cenobite hybrid didn’t get me anything close to what you had, more dinosaur looking.

ETA: This is what I meant by more dinosaur looking

6 Likes

A nest of spikes is still more comfortable than a My Pillow.

5 Likes

Hmm, might be a chicken crow or egg situation. Are you sure they don’t harass you because you throw things at them? Corvids famously bear grudges after all…

15 Likes

5 Likes

Send them to me. I adore them. They’re very intelligent.

10 Likes

You should try making friends with them. They’ll bring you interesting presents.

7 Likes

I have a dormant blues cabaret band called Ratten Met Vleugels (Rats With Wings - it sounds a bit more poetic in Dutch) and really ought to try and turn this story into lyrics for a new song. News articles can be quite an inspiration that way.

4 Likes

A farmer in the UK told me that he hates crows because when his sheep give birth to lambs the local crows peck out the lamb’s eyes!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.