Crowdfunding a Church of the Subgenius alien contact beam

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/08/dobbsian-crowdbegging.html

2 Likes

The long-lost Bulldada Time Control Lab? I’ll believe it when I see it…

7 Likes

I remember reading the big Subgenius book in the early 80s. I didn’t really get it, and I found it exhausting. So much effort for a giant in-joke. And it’s still going on? It makes me tired just thinking about it.

4 Likes

It’s parody of scientology.
So be proud of your yeti ancestry!

10 Likes

Fuck Bob!
Praise Connie!

6 Likes

Or the other way around as your preferences may take you.

9 Likes

Thank goodness the exercise is not subtle and too whacked out to be misconstrued and taken seriously by actual, incredibly obvious sub-sub-genius’s out there.

At least, that 's what I hope.

F**k me if I’m wrong.

6 Likes

I’m guessing the original writers have moved on by now due to tiredness and have been supplanted by a new generation of writers.

1 Like

I suggest thinking larger than an alien contact beam. Perhaps try to re-visit the Mushroom Planet as written about in The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet by Eleanor Cameron.

If you don’t raise enough money for a space flight, talk to Elon Musk. He might find it an even more exciting prospect than Mars, which doesn’t have mushrooms (as far as we know).

1 Like

Stang is still around.

http://hourofslack.libsyn.com/hour-of-slack-1642-ejerkulation-compuncture-in-neighborworld

3 Likes

Any chance your frop was contaminated by agents of the conspiracy?

5 Likes

Seems Legit.

3 Likes

Has any other religion come up with better advice than “relax in the comfort of your own delusions?”

14 Likes

Pull the wool over your own eyes!

11 Likes

Is that really what you want to say in a nation that put an Orange Orifice that babbles bullshit into the presidency.

I don’t know man but I’m thinking KY Jelly wouldn’t be a bad buy.

6 Likes

As someone who has been listening to almost exclusively Oh No Ross and Carrie and laughing in between my ear buds, much to the consternation of those around me, I applaud this new sensory experience.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I stand corrected. And with my back firmly and safely against the wall.

5 Likes
2 Likes

People will always pay you to tell them what they think! As true then as it is now.

5 Likes