Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

Why doesn’t he do something worthwhile, like port Doom to it?

The madness continues.

5 Likes
2 Likes

China’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection has expelled a communist party member for allowing cryptocurrency mining to happen, corruption, and other infractions.

[…]

(Because two-posts-in-a-row restriction.)

India’s prime minister has called for international co-operation to regulate cryptocurrency.

[…]

1 Like

“ The joint investigation revealed that some of the stolen cryptocurrency was used to purchase an online username that was considered to be rare in the gaming community,” police said in a statement. “This transaction led investigators to uncover the account holder of the rare username.”

And he would have got away with it; if he wasn’t a meddling kid.

3 Likes

According to police, the victim had been targeted by a SIM swap attack, a method of manipulating cellular network carriers so scammers can intercept two-factor authentication requests.

Kirkpatrick went on to say that multi-factor authentication is key to protecting your personal information and money.

:man_facepalming: In this case, the phone was the weakest link. Using the same password everywhere was just a bonus.

Multi-factor authentication is worth shit if breaking any one link gives you the whole thing. It’s today’s equivalent of asking mother’s maiden name.

4 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think we’re already doing far too much to incrypt them.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh, that’s precious.

1 Like
1 Like

For gaming bros…but also, you know, normal people who enjoy games. I have also talked to some people who do digital art who have been having a tough time because all the card prices have been driven by crypto mining. It’s a first world problem, but I do think it’s still fair to consider it a problem.

3 Likes

Okay… I’ll delete.

8 Likes

It’s all grifting and bullshit, all the way down.

4 Likes

from

15 Likes

Crypto-Fueled Plan to Buy the U.S. Constitution Ends With a Big Pool of Money and No Constitution

2 Likes