Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

This reminds me that Romana Didulo is still running around free, too.

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

A new platform lets you buy shares of blue-chip paintings – but is art a wise investment?

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2023/09/using-hacked-lastpass-keys-to-steal-cryptocurrency.html

Remember last November, when hackers broke intothe network for LastPass—a password database—and stole password vaults with both encrypted and plaintext data for over 25 million users?

Well, they’re now using that data break into crypto wallets and drain them: $35 million and counting, all going into a single wallet.

5 Likes

Today I learned (thanks to shitty ads on Xitter) that there is a cryptocurrency called Islamic Coin.

No doubt it will end in a prayer rug-pull.

1 Like

Your apes died.

8 Likes

At least with tulips, you have tulips.

8 Likes

Unless someone eats the bulb.

8 Likes

Animated GIF

2 Likes
4 Likes

And here I thought that the ledger was Truth!

“No, THAT Excel spreadsheet doesn’t count! Only the one that runs on wildfires.”

3 Likes

8 Likes

Some Alameda Research staff realised FTX had gone down when they tried to order takeout on a company card and it was declined, ex-employee says

6 Likes
2 Likes

They believe it because they want to believe it… they want to worship some random dude who says he can “fix the world” if only they heap vast wealth upon them, because they are too blinded by the ideology of individualism and too lazy to do the hard work to actual fix our shit… it’s uncomfortable for them to make any minor changes to their life-styles in the service of saving the world, so they just pretend like a guy like SBF or Elon Musk can do it with their obviously stupid ideas.

4 Likes

And because he threw a lot of money at commentators.

1 Like

ohyes…

There is still a Sam-Bankman-Fried-shaped hole in the world that now needs filling

:expressionless:

1 Like

That always helps.

2 Likes