Curry recipe descends into chaos as YouTuber HowToBasic strikes again

Originally published at: Curry recipe descends into chaos as YouTuber HowToBasic strikes again | Boing Boing

3 Likes

OK, I may have a new favorite cooking channel.

6 Likes

This perfectly captures how every time I try a new recipe there are always problems I just didn’t anticipate.

9 Likes

definitely not vegan

5 Likes

:joy:

Content warning- that one actually gets a little gruesome and dark.

8 Likes

Oh, man, my favorite cooking channel which has provided me with this top level diamond gem video I love to post whenever I get the chance:

It’s my version of a RickRoll I think… :laughing:

7 Likes

“perfectly”? Dude, should we call someone?

5 Likes

This is why I love BoingBoing!

6 Likes

Yep. His curry is kinda rubbery and tastes like feet. 0_o

10 Likes

I liked the misdirection with the eggs

3 Likes

The genius of these videos is that he’s not only hilarious in his own right, but he’s also perfectly satirizing the genre. He knows exactly what’s stupid about “life hack” and “five minute cooking” videos.

7 Likes
3 Likes

I showed this to my wife and when he gets to the part with the jasmine, she’s like “ok, wtf. He didn’t rinse the rice, I’m immediately judging this person”.
Me - “hold on”. LOL

6 Likes

Ahh How to Basic. It’s been a while.
Once you’re done with all those there’s also Swedish cooking

and the actually useful You Suck At Cooking e.g.

I own and use that cookbook!

4 Likes

First time I saw that one I nearly passed out hyperventilating. Soooo good - cooking with thermite is fun!

3 Likes

That… did not go where I expected it to go.

Hysterically funny though.

2 Likes

My grandmother had a not altogether safe way to cook eggs sunny side up. First, she’d use a lot of lard and get it very hot… then drop in the eggs. Once close to being cooked on one side, she would tip the frying pan and use her spatula at the deep end to splash hot oil over the eggs to finish them off. All that lard and all the splashing. Not for me.

2 Likes

Awesome.

This one’s an actually useful recipe for spag bol. Done in a similar tone, but my goodness the recipe is delicious. I made lasagne with it, and it was very very well received. Notably, like the Swedish dish, milk is an important ingredient.

The upload date is April 2020, so that explains some of the banter.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.