Customers stranded in pub for three nights had "truly an amazing experience"

Is the pub they all ways advertise triple glazing at? Its so windy only Everest glazing will do…

3 Likes

It is a private party to make it legal (no drinks can be sold, but you can put money behind the bar before closing time to redeem later).

5 Likes

Have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over.

4 Likes

To put this in perspective, to a European that is about as precise and as useful as saying “New Orleans is 1300 miles south west of New York”

9 Likes

I hate to break it to you, but there have been Oasis cover bands for 25 years.

3 Likes

Oasis were a covers band.

5 Likes

Meh, so were the Beatles.

Yeah but Oasis weren’t even competent enough to be an Oasis cover band, let alone a Beatles one.

5 Likes

Basically every country pub will do this, and we always assumed that it was illegal, that’s why we shut the curtains. Usually, the lock-in will start when the last tourist is out the door.
Mind you, out of the towns, licensing laws are usually treated more as guidelines.

5 Likes

I’m sure there were times when Oasis showed up and the audience thought they were an Oasis cover band.

4 Likes

I had friends at uni that would go to Oasis shows on the off chance it would be the last show, the one where the brothers finally succeeded in murdering one another.

5 Likes

I saw them during one of their midish-90s early tours of Yankistan. I was outside having a smoke on a sort of porch at the front steps when they arrived. They were even paler than I (which is really saying something), with even darker marks under their eyes than mine (which is also really saying something). A bummy-looking chap tried selling them tickets as they climbed the stairs, which made me laugh and say to them, “He obviously doesn’t know whose show this is,” which made one or two of them briefly smile.

It was a pretty good show, but YMMV b/c I’d eaten mushrooms. A large group of kids were actually slam dancing up front, which cracked me up.

Some kids’ll slam to anything, it seems.

ETA: The show was at St Andrew’s Hall.

3 Likes

Dammit, wrong pub. The old memory is getting a little slow. I was outside The Lion on Blakey Ridge, at a mere 1,325 feet. It was windy though. And a very nice pub. I’ve added the Tan Hill Inn to my wishlist.

1 Like

Whoa, recursion! Have a bonus point.
(btw, have you ever Googled recursion?)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.