Cute kid asks Santa about gift, 'WTF is that?' [VIDEO]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/18/cute-kid-asks-santa-about-gift-wtf-is-that-video.html

8 Likes

Well? WTF IS IT?

13 Likes

Maybe she is objecting to the plastic bag?

12 Likes

Stereotypical gendered generic unimaginative capitalist disposable crap?

11 Likes

Isn’t this all a bit early? I mean, it’s late if it’s St. Nick, but pretty early for Santa, unless Brexit has interfered with Santa’s availability, which is entirely probable given the circumstances.

Edit: ok I get it, dept store Santa. I just wouldn’t expect to be receiving anything in this situation, her reaction is entirely reasonable.

4 Likes

Wait until next year’s naughty list.

7 Likes

Her fussy eating stage must have been a joy to behold.

9 Likes

Kids repeat what they hear around them. Classy.

10 Likes

Blimey! Yon Santa isn’t 'alf pukka, innit? RP or wot? Hamleys in Regent Street? Yer, well, that explains it. Toffs.

4 Likes

eh, I’m not very quick to judge people based on what their kids say, but maybe that’s just me. (Though you’re not directly implicating their parents, they are the people kids will spend the most time around.)

Also, I think we get too wound up about kids swearing occasionally. Rather they weren’t repressing their emotions.

2 Likes

Hey, she used it in context…

2 Likes

I’d have been mortified if my kid had ever used curse words so casually when she was that little, whether in public or not.

5 Likes

It’s that fine line between judging parents, via their kids, as people, vs judging their parenting skills. Kids who aren’t tought to properly restrain their emotions tend to become the most serious assholes as adults.

2 Likes

“Kids who aren’t tought to properly restrain their emotions tend to become the most serious assholes as adults.”

OTOH, kids whose retrained emotions are too taut, often become miserable adults (and poor partners).

2 Likes

Very true, that’s why I stated “properly” restrain. Gotta find that happy medium.

1 Like

My wife was once driving with our eldest in the back seat in the car seat. There was a lot of construction and chaos and she ended up being shunted onto a bridge going in the opposite direction. ‘FUCK’ she says, not without reason as she is not a confident driver and was going deeper into heavy traffic and would then be late.

For the next two years any time one of us happened to turn onto that bridge, in that spot, we would hear a cheerful ‘FUCK’ from the back seat. The first time I was stunned, but then I realized that it is fucking hilarious.

3 Likes

I have a friend who realized she needed to dial back her road-anger and language when she was driving and someone cut her off in traffic… she slammed on the brakes, and her 2 year old son, from the backward facing child seat yelled “FUCKER!!”

3 Likes

(I cannot blame her choice of language considering the other driver had just endangered her expressive 2 year old…)

2 Likes

And how are we able to judge any of that from a brief clip of a kid meeting Santa?

Also, I call BS on judging parents as people vs. judging their parenting skills. There is no fine line, and if you are criticizing the latter, you are criticizing the former. Particularly when it comes to completely anonymous people on the internet.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.