Christmas: Trump takes kids' Santa calls amid shutdown, pretty much blows it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/24/christmas-trump-takes-kids.html

6 Likes

There’s your all-purpose headline for 2019.

37 Likes
20 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

37 Likes

“Nothing new,” Trump said. “We need border security.”

Riiight, because of all those Guatamalan kids who are coming to steal your presents.

23 Likes

But I think that the most likely reason of all
May have been that his hands were two sizes too small.

58 Likes

My kid is 7 and he is firmly in the “I believe in Santa” camp.

Why not talk to Barron about what younger kids believe before you open your big stupid mouth, Drumpf?

22 Likes

Let’s just say that I hope his heart grows three sizes tomorrow.

7 Likes

If we’ve learned anything about Donald J. Trump, it’s that no one can tell him anything. Not even his poor, unfortunate son.

24 Likes

Yikes! I mean, we’re all thinking it, but…

8 Likes

It could be edited further, yes?

Trump blows

19 Likes

He never expected to win, and he’s been trying to get fired for months.

3 Likes

All signs indicate that Trump frequently forgets that Barron even exists. Which is probably kind of a least-worst-scenario for the kid to be honest.

34 Likes

I’m not sure why I’m at all surprised that Trump managed to fuck this up - it’s not like he can do anything right, and anything that requires the least bit sensitivity or tact or putting himself in anyone else’s shoes is always doomed to utter failure.
But that he managed to turn something that other presidents regularly do without notice, and turned it into a BBC news headline due to how much he fucked it up…

There are some problems with that:
One, he doesn’t talk to his children. Probably ever. (Until they’re adults)
Two, he doesn’t listen to what anyone else tells him. At all. He certainly doesn’t ask.
Three, he fucked this up in every possible way, so knowing (or not) what kids believe at 7 doesn’t help him. Asking if he “still” believes in Santa? Believing in Santa at 7 is “marginal”? I mean, what kind of person talks to kids that way? (Besides someone who hasn’t spoken to a child since he was one…)

@GulliverFoyle
I recently saw an article where people who know Trump were talking about how much he hates Christmas because (and this should really not be surprising), it’s not all about him…

23 Likes

Oh man, dilated cardiomyopathy. Christmas dreams do come true!

7 Likes

Child Abuse, why would anyone subject their 7y/o to the molester in chief.

4 Likes

Sounds like these kids were calling NORAD without realizing the President was going to field a few of the calls.

8 Likes

Of course he blew it. Blowing it is the only thing he is not blowing it.
He hates christmas and everything it stands for because he is basically the anti-santa.
So why not ruin some poor kids christmas? I bet he´d kick over some snowmen in other peoples frontyards if it wasn´t too exhausting for his fat arse.

Oh, and before I forget it, I wish all of you a merry christmas and a happy new year.

13 Likes

What a plonker! Fancy talking to a kid like that in politics-speak! What a complete and utter tosser!

8 Likes

So, wait, this article wants me to believe that Trump actually picked up the receiver of the phone and put it to his ear and said something recognizably human before messing things up spectacularly.

Good try, Fake News Media!

3 Likes