Cyberpunk's Asian representation problem

Finally got to see it on the last day it was showing… to an absolutely empty room. That was the most surreal part of it. I didn’t expect the movie to do well here but to see NOBODY there? Frind of min reported where they live only six people showed… for opening night, and their group was four of 'em.

Oher than the nude billboard the nudity seemed part of the story. It’s just the fucking billboard. Why? ADs do not work that way. Just… WHY?

However other than that distraction anything I could find ‘wrong’ would be me blowing spitwads at it. Yes it could have been a bit tightened to keep the runtime shorter, but it had a lot to cover.

I do wonder what Roy would say seeing another man in his father’s chair. Friend (same friend) figured something along the lines of a broad goofy smile. ‘So nice, they made me Twice.’

I’m glad they left the biggest question of the original unanswered. I’m also glad that even though there isa clear ‘good’ v ‘evil’ this time … the ‘good’ guy was doing very not nice things.

There is much I wish to say but I refuse to spoil. It really is something that should be gone into Cold.

That said I wonder if she knew what she was possibly seeding when she made it… i like to think she did and it was intentional.

I… laughed and giggled at the ending because that is how I would have ended it. I am glad even though vangelis didn’t decide to work on the project they used that song there. I just… Yknow?

All my fears and dread of them fucking this movie up and they made something aching and beautiful and it absofuckinglutely BOMBED at the box offices.

I am glad the movie was made to the best it could have ever been made. Maybe they hoped it’d do well so they could do sequels, maybe. But i don’t really care, the movie is amazing and i’m thankful it’s a worthy sequel. I do think there’s room for improvement (casting, run time, etc) but i truly love it for what it is and i am looking forward to seeing the movie again on Blu-Ray and see what special features they come up with.

And yeah there’s a lot i wish to say about the movie that i’d rather not share here for fear of spoiling anything. I hope to those that haven’t seen it take that as a sign over how good of a movie it is, if i didn’t care i would be talking about it more freely :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As in, “Kill?”

Sure, although that was more of a pastiche in my opinion, and didn’t really
confront the issue of cultural dislocation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.