Cybertruck arriving next year (like fully autonomous self-driving and the second coming of Christ)

In a year? Why should we believe this car salesman when he has yet to meet a timeline?
Thanks Thunderf00t for the recap.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Listen, I want one of these stupid things, because it’s ugly and stupid. But I need to know if it can fit a full sheet of plywood like an actual truck, or if its just pretending to be a truck. Because my super stylish Dodge Caravan can actually fit sheets of plywood if I fold down all the seats, but its gas mileage makes me cry.

12 Likes

The Chrysler Pacifica plug-in hybrid is the highest rated plug-in hybrid. I’m not going to get one because I am never going to drive a minivan, but for those who love their minivans, it’s an option with way better mileage than a regular gas model with the added advantage of not looking ludicrous. Unlike this heinous “truck” Musk says Tesla will produce.

6 Likes

There ain’t no cowboy hat big enough to contain that ego.

5 Likes

What if they marketed it as something other than a minivan? I think it’s funny how nobody is willing to call a station wagon a station wagon anymore. Even Subaru, with their long legacy of selling wagons, calls their Outback and Forester models “compact SUVs” now because wagons are what your parents drove, I guess. So someone needs to come up with a cool new name for minivans to reinvigorate that segment. “Urban Survival Vehicle,” maybe.

10 Likes

A smaller version of this RV.

10 Likes

Ooh! A “battle tram!”

8 Likes

But it gave you something to rant about, didn’t it? Go on, admit it, you were doing fuck all anyway and thought “I know, I’ll go defend a billionaire somewhere they think he’s an asshole, that’ll be productive!”

You do you, I guess.

Kristen Bell Idk GIF by Team Coco

12 Likes

Speaking of very repetitive and predictable…can’t believe it took more than 20 comments before someone showed up to defend the Tech Bonglord. I do think it’s hilarious (almost as hilarious at that stupid Cybertruck design) to accuse BoingBoing of trying to be “edgy cool kids” while defending Musk. Pot, kettle, black.

9 Likes

A+++ for dragging Aquabats into this! Far more entertaining than the subject at hand.

13 Likes

This dated piece seems to indicate that at one point Tesla automation would be able to run their assembly lines at 1 m/sec

5 Likes

Mush, is that you?

6 Likes

If you mean the digging out of 50 times the weight of resources for one battery in an expensive car prone to catching fire, sure, he’s revolutionised cars completely.

7 Likes

You can re-new your tarnished image Mr. Mush by paying your fair share of TAXES, remember you heard it here on Boing Boing!

5 Likes

Just one more little reason why everything is terrible and I want to die.

4 Likes

So the thing won’t have door handles. Interesting design choice, with zero possible downsides:

9 Likes

Truckers organized over things like mandates and then went on to basically just troll others over it. You’d think some of them might see the automation storm that is coming and maybe organize for something useful, like GBI and general social safety nets.

3 Likes

If this isn’t a strong argument that we shouldn’t let adolescents use the internet, then I don’t know what is.

5 Likes

HAHA still upset your own EV venture failed?

Boing Boing’s electric vehicle didn’t fail, you buy it at the BB store and with the discount on the computer programming self learning course you can update it yourself.

11 Likes