Tesla is "upgrading" early Cybertrucks

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/07/tesla-is-upgrading-early-cybertrucks.html

6 Likes

If you want to tow, you need the upgrade.

17 Likes

Ha, was at a car show a couple weeks back, and a CT was among the electrics. Finish looked worse than the 45 year old delorean parked a few blocks away.

17 Likes

I guess when you shit the bed and then change your sheets, that’s an upgrade! That’s an upgrade you should be proud of dammit, tell the world!

6 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

16 Likes

Ah, they’ve started a trade-in program for Kei trucks?

2 Likes

Internal testing, with all those sharp edges? And it doesn’t do well in wet conditions…

2 Likes

A couple of companies need to get updated catchphrases:

If it’s Boeing, it’s not going.
If it’s Musk, it’s fucked.

I’m more inclined to think recall.

3 Likes

Many car companies have produced lemons at various points, I see no reason to expect anything different from Tesla. However, if any other car company had such a massive liability for a CEO they would change it - in fact it usually happens for a lot less misbehaviour.

I’d like to see Tesla succeed. I don’t think it will happen long term without some changes at the C-suite and board level.

1 Like

I have never cared about them. Rich people’s cars are not going to save the world.

12 Likes

Will they also reattach the body panels that have been flying off in the wind?

https://www.reddit.com/r/CyberStuck/comments/1dv4vij/cybertruck_panel_flying_off_caught_on_camera/

I mean, even the cheapest Kias seem like they were build with a higher level of quality.

2 Likes

guess thats kinda the default these days with a lot of consumer products in general; thanks, sillicon valley.

3 Likes

its a fucking $100,000 car, for crying out loud!

4 Likes

if it’s a cybertruck, boy are you fucked.

3 Likes

Or SpaceX, FSD, Boring Co., HyperLoop, that stupid robot, Twitter, SolarCity, et al.

Edit: In the event you want to keep track yourself

2 Likes

4 Likes

A toast to the imminent “late” Cybertruck period.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.