Man shows us the scary Cybertruck gas pedal that is causing a Tesla recall (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/19/man-shows-us-the-scary-cybertruck-gas-pedal-that-is-causing-a-tesla-recall-video.html

3 Likes

Gas pedal?

15 Likes

Once again, a potentially lethal design flaw that has nothing to do with the unique engineering challenges of building an electric pickup truck. It’s always been about Elon ignoring over a century of institutional knowledge and expertise just for the sake of doing something “different.”

29 Likes

Can’t wait for his mind control link.

6 Likes

“dial” a phone number? yeah linguistic memories…

13 Likes

Come on man some glue and screws and it’s fixed. No use in wasting Elon’s time when he has more important things to do over at X

6 Likes

Maybe it connects to the fart sounds?

4 Likes

Maybe we should have some sort of indepent government agency that inspects vehicle safety before they can be sold to the public. :man_shrugging:t2:

instead of letting corporations self-certify the vehicle’s safety, i.e.

18 Likes

The save icon being a floppy disk.

10 Likes

[Insert something to offend you here]

Edited for tone policing.

1 Like

25 Likes

It’s short for GofASt.

7 Likes

No problem. Just throw one of these puppies on there instead!

15 Likes

Also,

“It held the accelerator down 100%, full throttle

Nope. It didn’t.

5 Likes

I do so love the idea of getting killed by one of these things and then my legacy being an internet argument over whether the obituary used the right words to describe the lethal idiocy. :face_exhaling:

21 Likes

The Simpsons predicted the cyber truck.

6 Likes

Thanks. I’m watching rhat.

Maybe add it on the wiki with assault rifles and tanks and other things that people focus on calcifying language rather than how we kill people unnecessarily?

5 Likes

I don’t know why no one ever thought about this, but I propose a merger of Boeing and Tesla. Just give me one company to be weary of when it comes to transportation options…

4 Likes

wary, but you’ll probably end up weary of all the posts telling you about the error.

4 Likes

The accelerator cover sliding off is basically a minor quality control issue when taken by itself, and easily addressed; but it’s exposing and aggravating a real design flaw, which is that the bulkhead’s shape can trap objects so they hold down the accelerator.

4 Likes