Man shows us the scary Cybertruck gas pedal that is causing a Tesla recall (video)

No new information as such, I just like the headline.

12 Likes

“[a]n unapproved change introduced lubricant (soap) to aid in the component assembly of the pad onto the accelerator pedal.” As a result, “[r]esidual lubricant reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal.”

That doesn’t sound minor. That sounds like the person responsible for sliding the pad onto the pedal was having a hard time and changed how the assembly was done to make it easier without contemplating any side effects.

In the video, you can see the pad has tabs that engage depressions in the pedal to hold the pad on. Clearly that retention force was reduced by the lubricant.

A better assembly change to make attaching the pad easier would have considered the entire design and function. Possibly changing both the assembly and the part so that the combination didn’t defeat the basic pad requirement of staying attached to the pedal.

How many other adhoc assembly line changes are being made without considering the entire impact? What will those consequences be?

11 Likes

In other Cybertrucks-are-shit news, don’t wash yours unless you have five hours to spare for a reboot.

15 Likes

Also why do people still talk about computer mice when they don’t have tails any more?
WAKE UP SHEEPLE

18 Likes

Rosie Perez Reaction GIF

8 Likes

He says on something called a BBS

22 Likes

IHARBE-ezgif.com-added-text

15 Likes

Community GIF

17 Likes

this is also sus in a way that’s harder to convey. we have religious extremists here. we have a broken culture of guns and violence here. and these things helped make the taliban into what they are today. we are scary enough on our own without the need for reference.

11 Likes

Right. I will stop talking about a vehicle’s dashboard. The horses under the hood (bonnet?) cannot kick mud in one’s face.

And all actions to do with our phones handheld computing devices such as “dial”, “pick up”, “select”, “send”, “click”, and many more must all be replaced by the word “touch”.

10 Likes

This Elon guy should be in charge of building mars colonies. /s

6 Likes

Definitely.

If the gas rocket propellant pedal is stuck, they’ll get there quickly.

7 Likes

Ooh ooh, I’ve got one:

“Roll down the window”

9 Likes

So how does one take an EV out of gear?

The start of this article is most revealing

Tesla is recalling all 3,878 Cybertrucks it has shipped since the vehicle was released

3 Likes

“We don’t use the term ‘passenger safety’ anymore”

4 Likes

So how does one take an EV out of gear?

Just pull the lead off the battery/s

5 Likes

No potentially lethal failures are minor.

This is also something sub-$20k vehicles manage to get right.

8 Likes

Depends on the context, though… in the original context, it wasn’t about economic development (or lackthereof) it was to show defiance and independence to the first and second world…

Now, it’s certainly got that connotation now, but not back when the term started being used alongside “non-aligned” nations. But I’m not sure either term really fits now a days… Really, whatever people in the global south prefer?

Los Angeles Anniversary GIF by The Paley Center for Media

6 Likes

Just stash the truck with a few tons of rice to dry

8 Likes

good point. with that and the other part in a single post, it read to me as being used in its disparaging sense. so really, i just found the first link that might convey a bit about why it can be seen as a negative term. it makes sense to mention that it can be more than that.

6 Likes