Da Musicz

One of my favorite African DJ’s:

3 Likes

I am digging them! I love the singer’s voice…

Also, so many #butts!!! :peach:

2 Likes

Yeah, I first heard them yesterday and the album was a quick add to my library.

3 Likes

I wondered why St. Vincent was sitting in with the Stay Human on Monday’s show…

2 Likes

I’ve followed Tamaryn on and off for a while… Wasn’t initially thrilled with the switch to 80s synth pop but it grew on me. I’m struck by how Hands All Over Me reminds me of Sinead O’Connor’s Hands on Me. At the time it really stood out as an anomaly on The Lion and the Cobra, like hey not my normal wheelhouse but I can out-do anyone in this dance-pop genre without even trying. Same with Tamaryn, instead of dreamy shoe gaze hey I’ll just throw out this synth dance pop thing that isn’t what I usually do but nails it.

4 Likes

The recent Hee Haw post a few days back got me to thinking of other Country variety shows, right when the “Urban Cowboy” fad was gaining mainstream popularity. The funny thing was, I was wondering what happened to Barbara Mandrell (and the other Mandrell sisters). Not really my favorite facet of Country, but she did make her mark.

Well, here we are…

2 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Found somebody new, to me at least. Kid can play! :+1:

1 Like

Ooops, I guess it was here I saw it, lol. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Them and System of a Down were bad ass:

The other “rap-metal” acts were pretty meh, IMHO…

6 Likes

Apparently he knew what 4:20 meant in 1971.

If that seems offensive remove it…

2 Likes

Faith No More would like a word… :grin:

3 Likes

Do you think they’re rap-metal, though? An influence, for sure, but I don’t know if they fit into that category so neatly? :thinking:

I love that song… especially the Chuck Mosley version… I like Mike Patton, but I don’t think he ever got the same amount of snark as Mosley did in the original…

3 Likes

Oddly enough, they were the first metal adjacent band that I encountered. And shortly later RHCP and then after that Rage Against the Machine.

I don’t know if that timeline is correct, but that was the order I experienced them.

I’m not at all sure they’re rap metal (nor rap nor metal) now. But to me they were the progenitor of all the other stuff.

3 Likes

I agree that the influence is certainly there… I just don’t know if anyone was using the term until the early 90s?

4 Likes