Da Musicz

Freude!

2 Likes
5 Likes

Freude!

2 Likes

I don’t know what to do with that, but he’s very talented!

2 Likes

That’s deadly!

1 Like

I wouldn’t call myself a huge fan of Pantera, but this is the point at which I remove their music from my repertoire. (I bought a few used CDs at a discount retailer).

Their stuff is now deleted from my iTunes library.

2 Likes

No. Sorry I take Beethoven’s 9th a little close to heart. He was nearly 100% deaf when he wrote what I consider the best piece of music ever written. And if you’re Gen-X like me, the definitive version is “Ode to Freedom” performed in Berlin in 1989:

[edit] I missed the joke. Apologies.

I will never turn down an opportunity to listen to the entire symphony, but I would suggest as a general rule to not talk down to people you don’t know on the internet. I am a Boomer, and have performed the 9th to paying audiences. There is no definitive version. Enjoy all of them.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Freude!

4 Likes

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!

5 Likes

Can I like that another time? I think it is physically impossible to watch Elis Regina singing there without grinning ear to ear.

3 Likes

Agreed. :smile: I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve played it since stumbling across it. Glad that you’re enjoying it, too! I might have to move Brazilian Portuguese up higher on my language learning list after this. :wink:

3 Likes

From another thread:

Maybe there is now?

5 Likes
4 Likes

If you enjoy Diamanda Galas, you’ll probably like Lingua Ignota…

4 Likes

I do and I do!

3 Likes

New Lankum out. Seems to be some weirdness with the tickets so I hope I can buy them tomorrow. I missed the last tour because bloody children. I was across the road from the gig in Limerick but children ruin your life.

1 Like
2 Likes

This is bringing me joy these days:

3 Likes