Da Musicz

Will check it out!

Just listened to the 1978/1981 thing I linked just above, the video’s description gives it short shrift, I think it all works really well actually! Little rough in places because youth orchestra but who cares.

And the moment with the girl at 23:05 is just… my heart is in pieces all over the floor.

3 Likes

Wonderful indeed, looking forward to it! Brings to mind the Langley Schools Music Project, and especially that bit in Anderson’s youth orchestra foray, of a girl singing “Desperado.” Who knows, maybe this experience, or even that girl in particular, inspired a kind of naive inflection in some of Anderson’s vocals.

I have a chapbook she published in 1979, Words in Reverse, that has a lot of the same verse in it that she used for Big Science (“You’re walking… and you don’t always realize it but you’re always falling…”). Seems like her early recordings were amalgams of things she’d been doing, an effort to finally find combinations that worked well together.

Ha-- Re-verse…

3 Likes

Forgot I ever heard this song, just resurfaced in the back of my head. Slightly different lyrics and this could be a hit again:

“For 12 strange months, I had no obligations”

1 Like

hardcore

7 Likes
3 Likes

KRS-One’s album Between Da Protests…

2 Likes

Here is the Bandcamp link for the interested…

2 Likes

It’s like… powerful ego control and perspective morphed into a pulsar beam. Such a fully charged album

2 Likes

I’ll give it a listen sometime this week. KRS-One is legendary!

2 Likes

I have completely fallen in love with this band.

7 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes
4 Likes

This recording will only ever be made commercially available once world peace has been firmly established. The responsibility is yours. Until then it will be heard only at selected state occasions, sporting events, music festivals or mass rallies. There will be no TV, radio or cinema broadcasting. K CERA CERA [war is over if you want it] is the interstellar anthem of the K Foundation.

Now it’s on Spotify.

And YouTube

2 Likes
4 Likes

I love weird stuff

7 Likes

Constance Demby, RIP

3 Likes

Funk, now live.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_6music

2 Likes
3 Likes