Da Musicz

:thinking:

2 Likes

“This tinfoil millinery is interspersed with a variety of more predictable and even more enervating rants. These precisely replicate the experience of going back to your parents’ for lunch and discovering that – oh Christ – they’ve also invited Brian, their embittered old bore of a neighbour, who, as usual, has a couple of drinks and starts holding forth over the chicken chasseur. Social media is for idiots and anyone on it should get a life (Why Are You on Facebook?); modern music is awful and it’s all made on computers (Where Have All the Rebels Gone?); most of these so-called doctors don’t know what they’re talking about (Psychoanalysts’ Ball); say what you like about him, but Nigel Farage is a man of his word (Double Bind). Your parents have invited Brian because he’s been on his own since the divorce, and, with a crushing inevitability, you hear a lot about that as well: the iniquities of the legal process (The Long Con), and the injustice of handing over money to an ex-wife “too lazy to work” (No Good Deed Goes Unpunished). It seems a miracle there aren’t songs called These New Speed Bumps Outside the Primary School Are a Disgrace, The People I Got In to Do My Patio Were a Couple of Bloody Cowboys, and Have You Seen The Repair Shop? It’s the Only Thing Worth Watching These Days”.

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Ouch.

2 Likes

I would totally buy an album that has this as an actual song title.

2 Likes

Why isn’t Route 66 on that list?

Great album. My favorite from it is Harvest.

4 Likes
8 Likes

I used to have this album on vinyl!

4 Likes

What Kurt Weill and Bertolt Brecht would put out today.

4 Likes

:musical_note: Show me
the way
to the next ATM

4 Likes

:musical_note:No need to ask why
No need to ask why

3 Likes

Lookin’ for the time

2 Likes
7 Likes

The bit that article doesn’t really hammer home is that the rights holder is not the artist. Which is so depressingly common. Daft Punk are not the baddies here, they’re paying.

8 Likes

12 Likes

angry hocus pocus GIF

5 Likes

k25I7hr

7 Likes

Had he been playing the right chords the judge would have let him off due to extreme provocation on the part of the person hurt.

Or maybe just because they deserved braining.

5 Likes