Damn it, Georgia!

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/robins-air-force-base/2016/01/14/robins-takes-down-flyer-advertising-mlk-fun-shoot/78812396/

10 Likes

The entire city of Atlanta right now… (and a few folks in Athens, maybe?)

11 Likes

This was a clay/skeet/trap shooting situation, so AT THE VERY LEAST this wasn’t going to be another “fun family event” where the targets just happened to be cutouts of young black men.

2 Likes

I hear ya. I just think it’s pretty awkward to celebrate MLK’s legacy with guns…

8 Likes

“We’re deeply sorry for any offense or harm caused by our insensitivity and failure to provide appropriate oversight of our marketing process,” Robins spokesman Roland Leach said in an email Thursday.

Just to give credit where credit is due: this is the proper way to make an apology. Most organizations would follow up a PR blunder like this with “we are sorry people took offense” rather than “we are sorry for being insensitive.”

10 Likes

This is a good and valid point.

Oh, yeah!

Yeah. Or go the tRump route: “Anyone who got offended is offended because they’re stupid and deserve to have bad things happen to then. In fact, I’m going to run on a platform of detaining people who complain.”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 399 days. New replies are no longer allowed.