Daniel Clowes: Trump made me forgive Shia LaBeouf

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/21/daniel-clowes-trump-made-me-f.html

4 Likes
Cartoonist Daniel Clowes (Ghost World) says he has forgiven Shia LaBeouf for plagiarizing him because LaBeouf has created an anti-Trump installation.

What if it turns out that the installation was plagiarized from somebody else?

10 Likes
30 Likes

I’m not sure I agree with this, even if I understand the impetus.

These kinds of things can come back and bite you in the ass, be careful who you ally with.

5 Likes

Life is not black and white. Forgiving Shia the Beef because he’s done something to make up for his previous transgression is OK. I could even forgive the failing president himself if he made sufficient amends. He would have to amend bigly, I mean yuge, yuge amends, amends like you’ve never seen before. So much amending that I would get tired of amending. But its possible.

6 Likes

I kind of feel sorry for Shia. He’s a decent actor, but seems to have this certain need for attention that acting may have fulfilled in the beginning, but no longer does. I hope it doesn’t devolve into something really bad by the time he’s say…Mel Gibson’s age.

3 Likes

Any thread that is tangentially related to Shia is a good excuse to post this video, in my book.

Sure I understand this, but my feeling is that LaBeouf has issues that are going to always be resurfacing. I’d compare him to pathological liars I’ve known, he’s eventually going to get caught plagiarizing someone else and we’ll be back to square one.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.