Daughter of Hong Kong leader thanks "taxpayers" for diamonds on Facebook

Talk about “first against the wall when the revolution comes…”

Yeah, she should have just tried to kill herself in secret, like any self-respecting suicider, instead of sharing it like a trolley! Let’s all denigrate her for doing so!

Sticks and tasers to the back may break my bones but words they sure do sting.

1 Like

I agree that a rich girl being rude and offensive and clueless about what pays for what is not a crime.

Heh! Surprised though that there’s not a Chinese word for “asshole”?

Oh, there are a few. But they don’t often seem to be used as insults. As far as I can tell. We didn’t get nearly enough exposure to profanity in my Chinese class.

1 Like

The ‘facebook post’ is a pretty obvious fake.

1 Like

Propaganda?! I’m shocked!

What evidence can you cite that would suggest Ms. Leung’s facebook post is fake?

Complete lack of reaction to the story in Hong Kong.

Poe’s law much?

Either she is uncannily aware of the negative effects her public statements will have and is seeking some kind of revenge on her parents or she doesn’t care and is trolling to fit in with her peers.

As for posting pictures of your own slightly welted and unbleeding wrists on facebook, perhaps her wrist had just been submerged but for sure it was a public forum in which to make a point of people seeing the event. Either she hoped for immediate help or thought it a kind of outcry. In whatever scenario, ‘attention’ may very well be the thing she desires and needs. Just, the kind of appropriate and caring attention such an unhealthy person requires.

I’m not sure that

lack of reaction

constitutes evidence of an

obvious fake.

Isn’t it more likely that a spoiled elite socialite made poorly timed, foolish remarks on social media?

Lack of reaction in Hong Kong. No.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.