DC cops caught infiltrating peaceful, lawful protest groups

[Permalink]

1 Like

When you find an enemy agent, do not be quick to arrest. Instead, use them to plant disinformation among the enemy. Just think of the fun you could have!

12 Likes

Has anybody been charged with ‘obstruction of justice’ for lying to a police spy yet? You could be first!

6 Likes

Huh? If the protests were lawful how could the presence of the cops stop them?

Cops are very good at stopping people from doing lawful activities.
Why they are wasting their time with this stuff, to the extent of planting an undercover cop, is beyond me. Don’t they have important speed traps to be monitoring?

15 Likes

The police routinely arrest protesters and then drop the charges.

see kettling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettling

11 Likes

If there is a group of muscular and heavily armed men standing in front of you, threatening you explicitly with arrest and implicitly with a beating should you attempt to enter a store to deliver a letter to its manager, the legal status of your proposed action is completely irrelevant. Armed men are threatening you with violence, so you stop.

19 Likes

Thought police? Don’t they have drug rings and violent gangs to infiltrate? Seems like a waste of resources to me.

6 Likes

I’ve always wondered if groups who are routinely targeted by law enforcement for undercover infiltration have some sort of shared database outing the undercover agents.

“Missy” certainly seems to enjoy motorbikes, drinking Coors, and taking selfless with her partners’ breasteseses as a backdrop.

1 Like

Wait, turn it back a click … a police officer uses the Twitter name “snufftastic”? Tobacco snuff, I hope, but that’s not my first association when it’s used by someone with a gun.

6 Likes

why has free speech always been a threat that the police need to proactively protect against?

11 Likes

Considering the absolute bouts of reasonless violent crime that sporadicly pops up in DC, how do these goons justify this obstruction of legal activity?

4 Likes

My dorm in college was across the street from a house that student groups could use to hold meetings and host speakers. Once the campus animal rights group had a guy who had apparently done some high profile, yet illegal, work related to animal releases decades earlier.

I happened to be in the lobby of my dorm when two uniformed cops were introducing two plain clothes cops to some people affiliated with the university. The cops were there to blend in and go into the meeting to watch this speaker and find out if he was planning on recruiting or doing anything illegal. The problem is that the cops looked like they were going undercover in a biker gang. They were both 250 lbs, dressed like the just got off work at an auto garage, and in their 40s. They didn’t exactly blend in with every single other person going into that meeting house who were early 20s vegans and vegetarians. At least the cop in this story fit in a bit better.

5 Likes

Another method for unscrupulous individuals to swat a Barmitzvahs party.

What part of Establishment don’t you understand.

3 Likes

But these peace-niks are trying to put them out of the job.

1 Like

Meanwhile the guy you never saw before that chatted you up by saying “look at those narcs over there” became your new best friend. Police aren’t stupid, if you spotted them, it’s because they wanted you to.

3 Likes

That’s a bold statement.

15 Likes

Actually it’s a bold incomplete sentence, but lets examine what you are getting at.

Are you telling me that people who are in a position to worry about police infiltration are in the best position to assume the police are incompetent goons and just call it a day?

While John Smith, traffic cop, might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, he has very well educated (in one way or another) people making the calls for him at a higher level.

Relevant: http://www.businessinsider.com/police-bring-iraq-counter-insurgency-strategy-to-us-city-2013-5

To be fair, once the police infiltrator gained the trust of various people in the group and took on a leadership role, the group was going to stop being peaceful.

7 Likes