DEA: If Utah legalizes pot, rabbits (and other wildlife) will get stoned

You may laugh now, but when gangs of drug-fueled lagomorphs rape your wife and kidnap your children to use in their sinister rituals, then who’s going to be laughing? THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS, that’s who!

5 Likes

The DEA says wildlife in the state could “cultivate a taste” for demon weed, lose their fear of humans, indulge in marijuana-fueled orgies, and scamper around high as fuck all the time.

That just sounds like your basic rabbit to me. Maybe you need special DEA training to see these things…

1 Like

So do bunies get cancer from tobacco crops?

Of all the dangerous chemicals that can be found in the wild for animals to consume I would say antibiotics and estrogen are probably more dangerous than marijuana for furry little creatures.

6 Likes

The negative environmental impacts of illegal grows aren’t really in dispute, but keeping bunnies from getting baked? That’s just mean. It’s like keeping squirrels from half-rotted berries, or deer from half-rotted apples, or mah kitteh from the nip. :frowning:

3 Likes

Wow, I haven’t seen coverage of this issue, thanks for highlighting it. I knew that pot businesses were never going to have it easy as long as what they were doing was still illegal under federal law, but I wasn’t aware of this specific problem.

I guess the organized criminals can move from selling weed to just stealing the money made from selling weed.

Well, and he thinks that rabbits not being afraid of humans has something to do with consuming weed. Rabbits are moving back into cities all over the place and foxes and coyotes are following them. If a rabbit was running around a city 100 years ago it would have ended up on a dinner plate, and a coyote would just get shot on sight. We just don’t do that anymore - the reason animals aren’t afraid of humans anymore is because we aren’t scary.

4 Likes

Yes, yes they can… and do. Perhaps they respond to different cannabinoid, perhaps the higher acidity in the stomach of a vegetarian animal converts the cannabinoids differently. It may be a lot of things, but I can assure you than when rabbits and dear eat the stuff… they get high.

Wasn’t that traditionally the domain of the disorganized criminals?

1 Like

Only if he gets to eat the ritual leavings…

2 Likes

And a boiled crow.

1 Like

[citation needed]

1 Like

Indeed. I’m sure they’d have enjoyed my favourite leather jacket as much as some other rabbits I could mention did…

Of course… because using a search engine is hard.

http://bit.ly/1ACC3xk

1 Like

This is fucking retarded. Rabbits aren’t going around eating poisonous mushrooms that grow naturally. DEA is the one that’s high.

1 Like

If they’re anything like many humans I’ve known, it’s actually sure to make them more paranoid of people than ever.

I have to admit, though, that being able to eat and digest raw marijuana seems like a vicious cycle. When those rabbits get the munchies, they are just going to have more.

2 Likes

I wonder how much of the THC the cows would metabolize and how much would pass through to the milk, because all I can think about is how awesome a bowl of Captain Crunch on a Saturday morning would be with THC milk, well that and I might start watching cartoons again. Honestly all I’m seeing is a win, win here.

5 Likes

Moloko plus?
Be my droogie?

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a recent episode of Planet Money going over Seattle’s legal recreational pot businesses,and compares their struggle against mountains of red tape to the relative ease of business in Vancouver.

Legal recreational pot business often can’t get insurance, they have practically no access to capital, the barriers to entry are immense. Some places had an ATM put in, but no bank or CU is willing to put cash in them.
Their buildings have vaults o hold all their liquid assets and product.

On the Vancouver side of things, there’s harmonized Federal law, pot businesses are able to access lending and investment and payment card processing, and they’re flourishing. They’re able to meet demand by increasing supply, they’re able to reinvest in their business and grow facilities, they have access to insurance, and they’re flourishing.

Pot is good business, but the current setup where the state has legalized it, but the Fed could still seize all your assets, and penalize companies that do business with you causes a huge chilling effect. Nobody wants to do business with pot stores because they put themselves at risk for being an accessory to Federal level felonies.

3 Likes