Dead bodies can soon be liquified with new California law

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/10/18/dead-bodies-can-soon-be-liquif.html

4 Likes

When will we be allowed to do this?

9 Likes

15 Likes

soylent.gif

11 Likes

This process makes the recovery of dental amagam as well as gold, and any implanted medical devices trivial.

One downside to cremation since modern medicine has been the metals emissions from the smoke.

Also, can we please call this whipped cremation? Because my gosh it’s nasty work and I need a laugh.

17 Likes

Why is this controversial?

9 Likes

Religious fundamentalists: “it’s supposed to be ‘ashes to ashes, dust to dust.’”

Me: “But none of us began life as a pile of ashes, we began life as a small volume of alkaline-rich liqui—“

Religious fundamentalists: “LA LA LA CAN’T HEAR YOU”

27 Likes

We get an option for cremation that leaves the bones intact and awesome and then you crush them? Give me my bag of relative bones and let me do my Shakespeare!

21 Likes

Oh man, that little girl is gonna have the nicest skin after a steady diet of eyeball soup.

7 Likes

If you aren’t in a hurry you can just use flesh-eating beetles like the ones museums use to clean skeletal specimens.

10 Likes

But I want my bones to remain intact, so someone can build a creepy chair out of them!

17 Likes

A chair? I dunno man, that chiseled chin of yours could easily be an essential part of a warhammer…

6 Likes

Se pone la “crema” en “cremation!”

6 Likes

Obligs:

­

13 Likes

11 Likes
1 Like

8 Likes

Oh, believe you me…it’s glass. You’d have to coat it in steel or something.

6 Likes

That is not unlike the results that Zoroastrians get with the “Towers of Silence”. Let the bodies decay under the hot sun until only bones are left. Presumably let the buzzards and vultures have their way.

5 Likes

Because at some point elected officials decided it was their right to decide how you can instruct your survivors to dispose of your corpse and no one did much to stop them.

Is that by any chance a reference to Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks? Gawd what a great book!

7 Likes