Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

10 Likes

An interview with his son, Chris Sutton, from earlier this year.

Chris, whose two older sisters were born in Carlisle and whose younger brother John briefly represented the Blues, recounts these memories because his father cannot. Mike Sutton’s mind and body have for the last 10 years been gradually smothered by dementia.

7 Likes
6 Likes

EqQnLNtXAAkD7or

Looks like Mr. Orange
mrorange

6 Likes

Wow! He kind of does, doesn’t he? Weird!

5 Likes

“ Official requests to bring Doohan’s ashes on the ISS were denied, but Richard Garriott— one of the first private citizens to travel on the space station— managed to smuggle some of Doohan’s ashes into the space station’s Columbus module. Garriott says he took a laminated a picture of Doohan and some of his ashes and put it in under the floor of the Columbus. He didn’t tell anyone about the scheme— only he and Doohan’s family knew until now.

“It was completely clandestine,” Garriott told the Times. “His family were very pleased that the ashes made it up there but we were all disappointed we didn’t get to talk about it publicly for so long. Now enough time has passed that we can,”

11 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/fashion/2020/dec/29/french-designer-pierre-cardin-dies-aged-98

11 Likes

Those hats look timely…

3 Likes
9 Likes
8 Likes
14 Likes

Oh no. . . !

hXb1i-1467904722-4815-list_items-gilligan_maryannradio|nullxnull

:frowning_face: :pensive:

13 Likes

Dammit! She was my favorite.

9 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

They skipped Bill Rieflin…

He deserves better.

16 Likes
6 Likes

Your favorite rappers favorite rapper. I can’t even with this year anymore and am so glad it’s done. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/31/arts/music/mf-doom-dead.html

ETA A real inspiration and musical hero of mine. This hurts.

10 Likes

I’m just surprised it happened two months ago and we never found out.

4 Likes

DOOM was all about mysteries inside of mysteries and building his public persona to be enigmatic. To my knowledge, once he put on the mask he wasn’t in any photos without it. A consummate artist, this was by design.

7 Likes