Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

5 Likes

Previously seen on boingboing, Inge Ginsberg passes away at 99.

4 Likes

He’s been in hospice, so it was only a matter of time, but still…what a loss for Chicago:

10 Likes

Laughter is the best medicine?

3 Likes

I knew this author only from his most famous novel, Hatchet, which I remembered fondly from my childhood and more recently experienced as an audiobook with my children as we were driving across the country. I’m only now learning he wrote sequels to Hatchet among his other novels, I guess I ought to check those out.

6 Likes

Ruthie Tompson’s career as an early Disney artist is even more impressive when one considers the sexist studio policies of the time. Other women who applied were summarily rejected via form letters stating “women do not do any of the creative work preparing the films for the screen, as that work is done entirely by young men.”

12 Likes

Wow. My first thought was to wonder if it was real, but I really shouldn’t be surprised.

8 Likes

It’s being talked about in other topics, but I’ll put this here

10 Likes

Alan Hawkshaw the library music maestro is dead. His music will be very familiar to people who grew up watching British TV as well as crate digging hip hop producers for gems like this:

And this

And this

12 Likes

Had no idea The Champ was a british production, wow.

3 Likes

You forgot this

7 Likes

That was unforgivable of me. Sound of student Life that is.

4 Likes

Did he do the original Newsround as well, it has a similar sound.

3 Likes

Ted Heath apparently. Big band leader for decades. I’m sure I have something by him. His records were ubiquitous in charity shops when you were digging for Alan Hawkshaw!

4 Likes
5 Likes

Barney’s Thelma Lou.

6 Likes
9 Likes

RIP, Sister…

16 Likes

Rest in Power Dorothy!

12 Likes
7 Likes