Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

1. Cutting right to the fucking end.

So long Betty, you were the best!

14 Likes

Me too kid, me too.

7 Likes

golden girls omg GIF by HULU

15 Likes

Just a general round up of all the notable people who died this year.

they should update it with Betty White…

11 Likes

Now been confirmed by CNN, WaPo, Rolling Stone, and others sourced independently. (I.e not sourcing TMZ.)

Like I said before TMZ is usually pretty reliable when it comes to things like this - they scooped Kobe Bryant, Michael Jackson, and many others well before other outlets fact checked independently - but I still tend to reserve judgment until more ethical news outlets report on famous deaths.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s because my dad died on a Dec 31, but fuck, it just feels like such a cruel and outrageous injustice to have someone so beloved die at the very end of the year like this.

Even more outrageous that Betty White is dead and yet Henry Kissinger is still around.

16 Likes

Angry Wonder Woman GIF by HBO Max

And Desmond Tutu also died this week, and Kissinger is still around…

17 Likes

Not to pile on, but so is Dick Cheney. Not cool.

14 Likes

Sad The Lord Of The Rings GIF

15 Likes

I think people forget that TMZ is basically Fox Corp at this point, and has the full trappings of a news room and crew and sources available to them. Generally the other big news orgs only run things when their corresponding partnerships and wire deals have been met.

I just shared this article People ran a couple days ago on my Facebook page because we have this in common.

As for her diet, White jokes: “I try to avoid anything green. I think it’s working.”

Was never a fan of Golden Girls but Hot In Cleveland, Boston Legal, and everything else was awesome. Casting her as Catherine Piper was genius.

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ not sure why this matters. Their sources were nebulous “law enforcement sources” speaking on background. They may have a big and ostensibly competent journalistic team available to them behind the scenes, but they still play fast and loose with ethics to be the first to report a big celebrity scoop.

3 Likes

It’s true…

betty white GIF

6 Likes

Bell Hooks, Joan Didion, Stephen Sondheim - those are some really profound losses. And also profound, in the background 400,000 more non-celebrities dead from COVID.

Thank goodness we still have Rob Ford. If anything ever happened to him, I think I’d really lose my faith in a benevolent creator.

12 Likes

FTFY

9 Likes

Isn’t he dead… shouldn’t we start a thread…

11 Likes

And a reminder that she was good people:

11 Likes

Here is a pretty extensive round up of notable deaths in 2021 from the BBC…

11 Likes
11 Likes
14 Likes