Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

11 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes

That time Ronnie and Eddie got together to make a hit.

If you believe in forever
Then life is just a one-night stand
If there’s a rock and roll heaven
Well you know they’ve got a hell of a band

1 Like

Goddamn what a tragedy. She was such a talent. At least she got to outlive Phil.

I always liked how Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys was so obsessed with Be My Baby that he would listen to it on repeat for hours at a time. He then wrote Don’t Worry Baby as a kind of continuation of Be My Baby with the intention of having her sing it, but of course it was The Beach Boys that ended up actually recording it. Then, in 1999 she finally recorded a version of Don’t Worry Baby thus creating an ouroboros of her performing a cover of a song originally written for her but made famous by someone else that was inspired by a song she originally recorded.

Speaking of which:

12 Likes

“Journey well, Neegawnwaywidung,” she said, referencing Bellecourt’s Ojibwe name, which translates to thunder before the storm.

5 Likes
7 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

So I just saw a picture of the mausoleum where Anne Rice was interred yesterday.

I can’t be the only one thinking “she’ll be out of there by 7pm at the latest.”

22 Likes
16 Likes
8 Likes

Another reminder that the Civil Rights movement had the successes it did, not solely due to Dr. King, but in part thanks to all the thousands of people who were inspired and motivated in party BY him.

10 Likes
10 Likes

And

11 Likes
9 Likes