Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Too soon!

7 Likes

Oh, this makes me sad. He had just the right combination of annoying and total goofball. :crying_cat_face:

7 Likes

One of the best, grossest interpretations of the Aristocrats joke ever.

6 Likes

I became a fan back in the '80’s when he was the Saturday host of USA Network’s Up All Night which would show some absolutely terrible movies and he had the best jokes about them. Sometimes I’d sit through the movies and sometimes I’d tape them and the next morning fast forward to Gottfried’s segments.

A few years ago my neighbor and I were talking and, I don’t remember why, but he said, “I hate Gilbert Gottfried,” and that caused me to launch into a five-minute impersonation, quoting some of Gottfried’s own jokes, to which my neighbor said, “Okay, yeah, he’s pretty funny.”

7 Likes

I tired to find a clip of his standup but I couldn’t find anything that wouldn’t get me booted out of here so I’ll go with Aflac and the super cut of Iago. Aladdin was our daughter’s favorite movie of the time, we saw many times in the theater and when the video came out is was worn out pretty quickly.

If you have the stomach for it, or no fear of hell, the George Takei Friars Club Roast is Gilbert at his finest or his ticket to hell.

6 Likes

God dammit. I had read somewhere a while ago that he was sick, but god dammit

2 Likes

As long as it’s not racist or misogynist, and has a NSFW tag, most stuff is fine to post.

2 Likes
5 Likes

That’s the thing, it’s Gilbert Gottfried, most of his stuff is all of those things.

Even the George Takei roast, with George being on board, makes you uncomfortable.

1 Like

I bet many UK TV viewers would recognise his face, even if they didn’t know his name. Another one of the many wonderful UK TV character actors of the past several decades.
I remember him best as leader of the Timson tribe of career petty criminals Rumpole regularly defended in Rumpole of the Bailey.

5 Likes
5 Likes

11 Likes

This was my favorite, from “The Stake-Out”:

Jerry: What else did she say on the phone?
Helen: Whatever I wrote down.
Jerry: Yeah, but what was the tone in her voice? How did she sound?
Helen: Who am I, Rich Little?

5 Likes
6 Likes

From the sublime …

3 Likes

…to the ridiculous? (Or the other way round?) :wink:

6 Likes

Weirdest quote from this whole weird Obit [emphasis mine]:

Robertson’s husband was interested in politics until he found religion, she told The Associated Press in 1987. He stunned her by pouring out their liquor, tearing a nude print off the wall and declaring he had found the Lord.

TIL that Pat Robertson, before he “found Jesus” had a nude print on his wall.

5 Likes

Kinda begs the question of a nude picture of who?

6 Likes

Mary Magdalene?

7 Likes

Not Nancy Reagan?

6 Likes