Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

And here’s me thinking “He is said to have fallen down a flight of stairs after he began to feel unwell while at dinner with friends”… onto a knife. Twice.

“Does anyone else taste polonium in this dressing?”

5 Likes
9 Likes

Calpurnio, spanish cartoonist.

8 Likes

Damn, and on the same year Julee Cruise died too. It’s been a bad year for Twin Peaks fans.

4 Likes
9 Likes

The pair met in 1961 while they were both studying at the Royal College of Art. They married three years later and initially kept their nuptials secret, even from the other members of the Stones, for fear of it harming their career. Shirley Watts went on to become a sculptor, artist and renowned horse breeder.

9 Likes
14 Likes

A bit of an unknown trailblazer…

7 Likes

Noooo

8 Likes

The Immaculate Reception

8 Likes
12 Likes

tumblr_nky2pqdxIW1tdkro1o2_500

But seriously, RIP.

11 Likes

Prior to her stint on General Hospital, Eddy appeared in guest or recurring roles on dozens of TV series including CBS’ drama series Joan of Arcadia, Married … with Children, The Drew Carey Show, Murphy Brown, Martin, Saved By The Bell: The New Class, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Glee, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, The Middle, Mom, Castle, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, among many more. Her more recent credits include Apple’s The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey, PEN15, A Black Lady Sketch Show and a key recurring role on Fresh Off The Boat.

Her film work includes the role of Wanda in Pee-Wee’s Big Holiday, Hanna in The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, as well as Year of the Dog, Lost In Plainview and Bad News Bears, among others.

5 Likes

That one hits hard, but I wondered if something was up earlier this week when I was watching NFL football last saturday and sunday, almost every game was talking about the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception and the induction into the Steelers hall of fame, and instead of it sounding like a celebration, they all made it sound like a eulogy. It was weird, and I was confused becuase at the time I was super excited for Harris getting into the Steeler’s Hall of Fame. We met him while travelling through St. Louis airport, and he was very kind to take a moment out of his day to give us an autograph.

Not everyone has to say yes (nor does say yes) when a young kid walks up to them and askss , “Excuse me,sir, are you Franco Harris?”

4 Likes

Hodges was shocked that a big star like Caine would want to play such an unlikeable and violent character. The movie was originally rated X for the violence and nudity. Caine wanted to portray a more realistic gangster violence- not movie flashy - and that the character reminded him of his roots growing up with friends and family involved in crime. That it was the ghost of Michael Caine; what he could have become.

12 Likes

Even though I know that it is not that old it is still odd to think of there being an inventor of something that is so incredibly widespread now

12 Likes
14 Likes
10 Likes
12 Likes
16 Likes