Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Indeed.

Once ran into her. She was visiting a Gunther van Hagens exhibition. They closed it down for her early, but I was still in when she entered. Nice lady. Was surprised about her size - I was under the impression she would have been taller. But she had enough charisma to fill the room.

13 Likes
9 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Not sure if their act ever made it to the US…but for a while they were very popular in the UK.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Not a celebrity, exactly? Alphonse was one of my professors in graduate school. He was a weird dude and a unique force in the studio furniture world. I’ll miss him.

16 Likes

I’ll take “being known to relatively few people for actually doing something worthwhile” over “being known for - being known” on any day.

9 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Not a celebrity, but a life-saver.

Archive version: https://archive.ph/ohHGX

13 Likes
9 Likes

15 Likes

It’s telling how much of an influence he really was by the fact that no one, not even conservatives, speak highly of him or even of him in general anymore.

5 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Hanssen provided classified national security information to a foreign country in exchange for money, was sentenced to life without parole, and died in prison. Some folks following DOJ investigations might be shocked to see the penalties in this case.

12 Likes

Hopefully a life blueprint for that orange guy in Fla.

7 Likes