Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

8 Likes
7 Likes

I looked back at his acting credits and was shocked that he had only appeared in 8 episodes of Breaking Bad. He was such an important character to the series and every time he appeared you knew some shit was gonna go down. The flashback scenes that had him in his prime showed what a truly awful and unsympathetic character he was — how he was willing to just straight up murder someone only to make a point, like Gus’ business/life partner (and right in front of him, too), or his own pre-teen nephew (which I have no doubt he would have done if not stopped). It’s great that he had more time to flesh out his character in BCS.

I also vividly remember him in Oz and π (just to make a few). A great actor for sure.

8 Likes

Yeah, he had a much bigger role in BCS… Honestly, it’s part of why I liked BCS more than BB, because they explored some of the more interesting characters from that show in greater depth, Don Hector being one of them…

6 Likes

⬆️ZZ, Bram. While you may not have invented vi, vim has by far my text-based editor of choice for many decades.

10 Likes

Feeling this one. :wq!

9 Likes
6 Likes

Damn. Was listening to his two albums only this week.

13 Likes

9 Likes
14 Likes

That version of that song is one of the most beautiful performances I’ve watched. Full-on tears.

4 Likes

Off topic, but that video really shows, among other things, what Dave Grohl was talking about when describing Ringo’s drumming: “If you’re a drummer and you can do this [very simple tom beat]… and have people dancing: you’re a fucking badass.”

Robbie Roberson felt much like that on guitar, for me. Simple and tasty; the right notes for the song.

Vale, Robbie.

9 Likes
11 Likes

Animation king of the hill koth GIF on GIFER - by Silverbreaker

9 Likes

If he was born in 1963, he was 60, not 64.

3 Likes

This article repeats that he was 64, and notes he was born in 1959.

And Wikipedia says 1958.

1 Like

“That’s what they want you to believe”

13 Likes

I presumed Google was more accurate than TMZ. My mistake.

3 Likes

I’d like to think he planned it this way.

7 Likes

This is a great take on how that video was made:

There’s a part II below it. It’s a nice tribute to the power of his song.

3 Likes