Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Google is not accurate.

4 Likes

Well, it very accurately returns the results it thinks you want, as well as results accurately based on product placement. As long as you operate with those assumptions, it’s great!

4 Likes

So there was confusion over at TMZ, too. Someone posted an obit over on Reddit today, linking there, citing his age as 59, and the headline on TMZ was updated between then and now. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Everybody loves a virtuoso, but there’s something to be said for consistency and workmanship.

7 Likes
11 Likes

The sadness of this aside, this is a horribly-written piece. Choppy sentences, and stuff like this:

After getting a master’s degree several years later, Jones was drafted during the Korean War as well as Schmidt.

That’s no way to memorialize some like Jones.

9 Likes
8 Likes

(Just in case anyone else was confused like I was, that’s a different Tom Jones than the “It’s Not Unusual” Welshman.)

3 Likes

Nevermind

1 Like

Different Tom Jones… he’s still alive… the guy who did the lyrics to The Fantasticks died:

I was confused by that, too, no worries!

2 Likes

And another article on Sinead:

10 Likes

Who knew that there were so many guys called Tom Jones?

3 Likes

This is the latest version. Just came out about a month ago:

3 Likes

Now that would be Sir Thomas Jones Woodward, OBE.

5 Likes

I should have known. Seems like all British entertainers eventually get knighted. I mean, even Baldrick’s got one.

2 Likes

Seems like he was a real sweetheart… :sob: RIP, Alex!

8 Likes

The UK’s best-loved talk show host.

9 Likes

Yorkshire will be in mourning. As will I.

7 Likes

28, damn, that’s so young :frowning:

5 Likes

He had a real gift for asking the right question then getting out of the way.

7 Likes