Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

David Jenkins

Maybe he’s not a celebrity, but he did have a Spitting Image puppet.

2 Likes

TRUMP 2017!

Make America Stop, Please Mommy Just Make Them Stop

10 Likes

And there was much rejoicing?

12 Likes

Well at least that is one less vote for tRump. Can’t think of anything good otherwise other than good riddance.

7 Likes

The line attributed to Twain about never wishing anyone dead but reading some obituaries with great pleasure comes to mind.

17 Likes

(Edit: playable, and this version I like better)

7 Likes

I think if someone’s running a dead pool for 2017, people like that should be on it.

…pencils in Mugabe…

4 Likes

In my dream world you would run a Boing Boing BBS pool, and each participant would have a slate of seven.

(why?)

M_M’s (e)X VII for MMXVII

8 Likes

Oh, I like that. Let’s do it.
Bookmarked for later use. :smiley:

5 Likes

YES THERE WAS!

I don’t care about propriety when it comes to that hateful, hate-filled sack of rancid meat.

I take particular joy in the fact that when I Googled, I had to get to “Phyllis Sch…” before it knew which Phyllis I might be interested in, even this particular day.

You are NOT going down in history, woman, merely infamy. Good day, and good riddance.

15 Likes

Rancid reptile meat. Let’s be clear she was cold-blooded.

7 Likes

Well minor rejoicing by me with a berry pie from safeway cause I got 2 points for it!

6 Likes

Somehow I feel sorry for reptiles.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t give her followers the pleasure.

I’m more sad that she didn’t wake up this morning, think “My God, what have I done?” and spent the rest of her life undoing all the hate she was responsible for.

17 Likes

You are a bigger person than I, that’s for sure. Thank you for reminding me how I should have reacted.

7 Likes

I am not a bigger person. I am petty.

I picture her in hell, very confused by a low-level demon saying “you used the word christian a lot, but you don’t have a clue what the word means. You caused a lot of suffering for your fellow people, and were a world class hypocrite. Welcome to Hell, Phyllis Schlaffly!”

On the other hand, her descendants can’t possibly be as bad as she was, right? They have my sympathy.

10 Likes

I figured she was a terrible person when I saw that Ann Coulter was praising her and her work.

12 Likes

Don’t know about her descendants, but she certainly does not seem to have been particularly good-willed, even towards family:

8 Likes

This is one of those difficult times to be an atheist, although I’ll at least pretend to believe in hell long enough to offer the hope that she’s burning there.

7 Likes

Lady Chablis

6 Likes