Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Nooooo!

I’ve seen “Inner Light” no less than 10 times, and it breaks me down to tears every single time.

7 Likes

Does killing an important comics publisher of my teen years count as a celebrity death?

8 Likes

Damn, those are two of my all-time-favorite Trek episodes. What an amazing writer… :cry:

And it’s a shame about Vertigo, too. Some of the titles in that line (Sandman especially) changed the industry. Although we can perhaps take comfort in the fact that comic book deaths never truly take. I’m thinking sooner or later, Vertigo will be back. :smirk:

7 Likes

I think at least some of the Sandman Universe stuff is going to their new black label…That might be their new home for more “adult” comics.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Character actor Billy Drago who made some great bad guys. I will always remember him as John Bly from Brisco County Jr.

5 Likes

The dad from Alf, also a tony nominee, died:

5 Likes

I missed this from last week

He had the misfortune of being Carlisle manager in between Bob Stokoe and Alan Ashman, so his achievements were overshadowed by those two legends

6 Likes

Not so much a popular celebrity outside of France but, extremely notable for the times:

11 Likes
9 Likes
5 Likes

RIP, Mascara Snake… (Just found out about it)

Ausgang will be curating a show, opening March 30, featuring the art of the Mascara Snake and Victor Hayden [sic], who died in December. Hayden was a member of Captain Beefheart and Don Van Vliet’s cousin. Along with playing in the band, Hayden created the artwork for Trout Mask Replica and later on for the Melvins, as well as showing nationally and internationally in various phases of his life.

(Source)

Clarification: The Mascara Snake was Victor Hayden. I gather that he’s the same Victor Hayden who was associated with the Bay Area punk scene (e.g. helping start 924 Gilman St. in Berkeley).

4 Likes
10 Likes

This is one where one goes: “He was still alive?”

He was a funny guy. It was him behind the plant.

8 Likes

artie

6 Likes

He also turns up (as that character) in very old Sesame Street episodes.

5 Likes

As one of the only all-ages clubs in the area (especially after Berkeley Square closed its doors and became a furniture store), I spent way more time there than I’d like to admit and saw some great bands. I’m glad to see it has improbably managed to survive.

5 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes