Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

Sue beautifully played her role in ‘Lolita’. Watch it if you haven’t yet. The film here and there can elicit a sense of exquisite discomfort (?) and schadenfreude worthy of David O. Russell. Kubrick so loved stressing out his characters.

9 Likes

She was a wonderful actress – see also the Flim-Flam Man – but her film career was cut short after she married an African-American and left the country; her high profile was a magnet for the racism of the day (the marriage would have been illegal 4 years earlier in many US states). She never got good roles after she returned to the US.

I have one of those, but to drive it you’d have to put in a new fuel pump first.

5 Likes
12 Likes

Oh, man. That sucks. His work in The Rutles is fantastic.

5 Likes

Bugger. Innes always was one of the good ones. And always underrated. I suppose his sense of humour prevented him from bullshitting his way to the very top, but his audience was better off for it.

Although, just for the record: in my ranking he is Python #8 - Python #7 is definitely Carol Cleveland.

7 Likes

12 Likes

Oh no… I knew he’d had a stroke a while back (and his death had previously been misreported).

3 Likes

Carlisle play against Cardiff in the FA Cup on Saturday :cry:

4 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

Buck Henry also wrote the brilliant screenplay for The Owl and the Pussycat. A scene with George Segal’s character… wickedly hilarious.

8 Likes

Aww, man.

12 Likes

This one hurts.

7 Likes
10 Likes

On the bright side, he went out not with a bang, or a whimper, but more like a:

budda da budda da budda da
boom ta boom boom boom
tsstsstsstststststststststststtstststs
ting ting ta ting ta ting ting

(and so on)

7 Likes
5 Likes

FUCK cancer

8 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-oman-succession-sultan-obituary/sultan-qaboos-ushered-in-oman-renaissance-quiet-diplomacy-idUSKBN1ZA018

My previous $0.02:

8 Likes

Just think of all those pub bands thinking, “Tonight, let’s do a Rush song!”
“Yeah, a quick easy one.”

“Fuck…”

12 Likes

If you or someone you know needs help, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

8 Likes