Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

Sure they did random capitalisation in the age or random spelling but post standardisation and the introduction of style guides (essentially US 19th century) it went away.

It’s back baby.

4 Likes

Whoever writes that stuff for Trumpy must have realized Trumpy only reads the capitalized words. Saves time.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Better late than never…

7 Likes
15 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

Also had a significant role in The Swimmer, with Burt Lancaster.

5 Likes

The Swimmer. One of the oddest and psychologically “frightening” films I’ve ever watched. Comes out of left field with a smack.

3 Likes

Yep, surreal, in a way that I thought exposed the surreal fantasy of toxic suburban masculinity. Maybe John Cheever, the closeted gay author of the short story it’s based on, was well positioned to see through that fantasy.

burt lancaster GIF

burt lancaster drinking GIF

3 Likes

Maryanne Trump Barry, the eldest sister of former President Trump, dies at 86

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/13/politics/maryanne-trump-barry-dies/index.html

How can I make my nonprofit's grant applications more attractive to philanthropists? - Generocity Philly

5 Likes
7 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Their “Celebrate” was given an all too brief, but effective and fitting, orchestral treatment for the only music used in Sean Baker’s The Florida Project.

5 Likes

My Property Law professor assigned that movie for us to watch, as well as the Big Short and Nomadland.

4 Likes

Rosalynn Carter, mental health activist, humanitarian and former first lady, dies at 96

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/19/politics/rosalynn-carter-mental-health-activist-humanitarian-and-former-first-lady-dies-at/index.html

4 Likes

I was just coming to post this… here’s our local public radio station with their obit…

No other former presidential couple has had a better post-presidential career.

Sad Season 1 Episode 1 GIF by NBC

I can’t see President Carter hanging on much longer now, honestly… :sob:

I Love You Marriage GIF by GIPHY News

Waving Jimmy Carter GIF by GIPHY News

8 Likes

Michelle Obama on the passing of Rosalynn Carter:

"When our family was in the White House, every so often, Rosalynn would join me for lunch, offering a few words of advice and always — always — a helping hand. She reminded me to make the role of First Lady my own, just like she did. I’ll always remain grateful for her support and her generosity.

"Today, Barack and I join the world in celebrating the remarkable legacy of a First Lady, philanthropist, and advocate who dedicated her life to lifting up others. Her life is a reminder that no matter who we are, our legacies are best measured not in awards or accolades, but in the lives we touch. We send our thoughts and prayers to Jimmy and the entire Carter family during this difficult time.“

12 Likes