Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

City cops wouldn’t have bothered you, possibly write you a $5 possession ticket. Just needed to stay off the Diag, State cops arrested people for possession.

5 Likes

John will be missed by many people I know. He was part of the Weeds (bar in Chicago) crowd in the 80’s and 90’s. He was such a nice guy!

8 Likes

Wait, really? So was I, in the 80s!

2 Likes

I wasn’t a Weeds person until the late 90’s. But Sergio (the bartender) has stories.
Before I met him, I visited New Orleans. Sergio gave me John’s number an told me to call him so I would have a place to stay. I kinda felt weird about it and passed.
I finally met him while he was visiting Chicago. When I was introduced, the first thing he told me was how disappointed he was that I didn’t call.

6 Likes

EDIT: I misremembered the previous video as having all 3 Heath Brothers. Anyway here’s Jimmy & Tootie:

9 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

I got to meet John at a reading/book signing the same semester I wrote a paper about the Rainbow People’s Party. He signed my copy of Guitar Army “For Academic Purposes Only!” and invited me to smoke a joint with him outside of Shaman Drum. Heck of a nice guy.

6 Likes

When I was a child, I loved his children’s books. As I grew up I discovered His other side, the political cartoonist, his struggle during the last military dictatorship and his role in the country’s culture.

10 Likes

:cry:

6 Likes

The other JFK, Joe Fucking Kinnear

8 Likes
18 Likes
9 Likes

Too bad, so sad.

4 Likes

OJ, off to the afterlife…

China Coffee GIF

9 Likes
5 Likes

My tv says that Robert McNeil (of the McNeil Lehrer Report on pbs for years) has died at 93.

11 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

Once again, a woman with accomplishments of her own is initially described in relation to her husband and children when she dies. How many obituary writers/editors have to die before this shit stops? Asking for a lot of women who really hate this lazy practice…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Better:

19 Likes