Dead Celebrity (Part 2)

The show used a far over-used excuse to explain away previous events, and turned it around for the absolute best show finale ever. Genius.

9 Likes

CIcFE9

8 Likes

If only it was like Newhart. :cry:

6 Likes
10 Likes

So someone in Heaven finally answered Bobā€™s phone call?

:cry:

10 Likes

Or maybe the other placeā€¦

Hellā€¦Hello, Gabe? Itā€™s Bill.
I said itā€™s Bill. From downstairs.
Zeebub.
Yes, it has been a long time!
Listen, you know how we always talked about the possibility of a mixup, someone being sent to the wrong place? Well, weā€™ve got a guy down here, good Catholic man, loved his family, nothing on our records, and I canā€™t for the life of me figure out how he ended up here.
Well, I checked the records and early on he was an accountant.
Okay, yes, that does explain it. Thanks, Gabe! Keep up the good work at those pearly gates. And, hey, letā€™s do lunch sometime.
No, I wonā€™t tell anyone we talked.

11 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF
Bob Newhart has earned more than a few moments of silence and remembrance from me. Lou Dobbs hasnā€™t.

15 Likes

Hereā€™s an old Bob Newhart classic from Mad TV.

14 Likes

Lauren Lapkus Goodbye GIF by Earwolf

9 Likes

Iā€™m going to need to see the long form death certificate.

12 Likes

A friend of ours just told a story of seeing the live taping of Bob Newhartā€™s first appearance on Big Bang Theory.

What a lucky person with a great memory.

9 Likes

For All Mankind Space GIF by Apple TV+

Bye Bob. Thanks for so much.

10 Likes

Bob was superb as the creepy nerd Mr Gnatpole in the wonderful, hysterical film Hot Millions (1968). It stars Sir Peter Ustinov and Dame Maggie Smith, with Karl Malden, and Cesar Romero also has a minuscule but massively satisfying role.

10 Likes

[ā€¦] Cesar Romero also has a minuscule but massively satisfying role.

And then some. I always think of it whenever a cruel fate confronts me with instant coffeā€¦
But the ā€œWhatā€™s in the bag?ā€ scene is even better.

For anybody who hasnā€™t seen it: do. A great little film. Possibility the first film with a computer being hacked. The computer bit is total baloney (despite using mostly actual period hardware) - but the social engineering is a masterclass.

Another favourite bit: the scene with the French real estate agent.

9 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

ā€¦

17 Likes
8 Likes

The fact that so little people paid attention to her death speaks volumesā€¦ the centrists won.

11 Likes