Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

6 Likes
4 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

News courtesy of @cool_catbad -thanks for the tip

13 Likes

A unsung legend that reshaped the entire world of music.

9 Likes

I’ve heard often what a sound guy he was. I’m delighted that his contribution to music was being increasingly recognised and, a bit like Bob Moog, he was having an instrument creation resurgence in the last few years.
I have a lovely DSI synth that makes some of the most aggressive and bonkers noises (plus lots of blinkenlights and knobs!) which is as close a connection I get to him. That and MIDI of course, which unites us all.

Do read the tributes in the article above.

8 Likes

Could not work out where to post news tip…but Dave Smith, founder of Sequential Circuits and the Prophet synthesizer has died.

5 Likes

Just read that saxophonist Charles Brackeen had died, apparently last November.

4 Likes

It was Frank Clarke’s goals that got Carlisle United into the old first division in 1973-4, especially his last goal of the season which put Carlisle in the last promotion place

2 Likes

Band Name!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Sad news in Philly, trailblazing reporter Trudy Haynes passed away:

10 Likes
9 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2022/jun/10/julee-cruise-singer-david-lynch-collaborator-dies-aged-65-b52s

12 Likes
4 Likes

I saw her live in the late '90s as the opening act for Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds in Manhattan - she was ethereal.

5 Likes

Charles Kernaghan, a labor activist who helped revitalize the anti-sweatshop movement in the late 20th century, targeting American companies such as Disney — as well as a clothing line backed by Kathie Lee Gifford — while waging a dogged campaign to expose mistreatment at overseas factories, died June 1 at his home in Manhattan. He was 74.

(Also available here)

15 Likes
7 Likes