Dead Celebrity (Part 1)

It would be the icing on the cake to see all news reports of 45’s demise describe him as Ivana Trump’s ex-husband. Given his many misogynistic comments, I’d give bonus points to any publication that listed his status as a grandparent and father first, before mentioning any professional accomplishments.

15 Likes

Agree with your general premise, but I’m not convinced he has any accomplishments to speak of in the parenting realm either!

10 Likes
12 Likes

Is Kenny Burrell the only Prestige/Blue Note/Classic 60s guitarist still living?

3 Likes

Are you suggesting that there is a Prestige/Blue Note/Classic 60s guitarist killer on the loose?

4 Likes

Yeah, Father Time.

6 Likes

I felt the need to post this. Its one of my favorites

8 Likes

Justus Rosenberg passed away.

15 Likes

sad wilfred mott GIF

10 Likes
11 Likes

Off-hand, maybe not “classic,” but Joe “Handyman” Negri is 95

P.S.

…and thanks for that!

5 Likes

Pat Martino had a massive cerebral hemorrhage midway through his career. He had amnesia so severe he couldn’t recognize his own parents, let alone remember how to play guitar. He had to teach himself to play all over again from scratch. He was amazing before his hemorrhage, but he was even better after he regained his abilities.

14 Likes
11 Likes

8 Likes

Probably not known to North Americans, but a fixture of UK light entertainment for decades.

ETA - he could tap dance with the best, too. Shit gets real about 3 minutes in…

13 Likes
15 Likes
8 Likes

I saw that yesterday and immediately thought of our own @BakaNeko.

One of the perks of the BBS is having events all over the world matter more because you ‘know’ someone from that locality.

11 Likes

She was very popular. Her songs dealt with the pains of lost loves and always brought a feminine perspective to relationships. This explains what I read in the newspapers and saw on TV. The stories about her life say that most of her fanbase was made up of women.

I think it’s been a while since I’ve seen such a commotion due to the death of a famous artist.

Her songs weren’t my cup of tea. But I was upset to see the rescue done by firefighters and that unfortunately she ended up passing away.

12 Likes

BBC Radio West Midlands played this when the news of his death was reported

ETA:
He is the second member of UB40 to have died this year :cry:

18 Likes