Deadpool and another MCU character in a trailer about a different Ryan Reynolds project is funny

Originally published at: Deadpool and another MCU character in a trailer about a different Ryan Reynolds project is funny | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Surprised that neither one of them cracked a Green Lantern joke

12 Likes

sooo… The_Matrix + some_visual_comedy → Free Guy ?

(“I like Korg. think he oughta be in some car insurance commercials”)

7 Likes

12 Likes

giphy-1

4 Likes

That was probably funnier than the actual movie. I didn’t realize Taika was in the film and was briefly confused why Korg was there and wondering if it was actually Taika’s voice.

I guess this is the big “advantage” of media mergers - characters from two completely different “intellectual properties” can advertise a third!

3 Likes

That chasm can never be repaired, the Universe as we know it is broken.

8 Likes

All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.

6QEn

13 Likes

Just you wait until they bring out some Disney Princesses to advertise something - Snow White, Princess Leia and the Alien Queen from Aliens - that’ll fix everything!

12 Likes

8 Likes

Well that was fun. The movie looks just ok… maybe it will turn out good.

2 Likes

I forget where I heard it, but apparently Disney is real anal about how it handles the princesses. Like, the fact they were all together and interacting in ‘Wreck it Ralph 2’ was unprecedented as Disney has historically been very against having them interact in any way. (To the point where on merchandise featuring multiple princesses, they can’t even look at one another). Also: What does and doesn’t count as a Princess is a BIG DEAL.

2 Likes

Free Guy looks like fun and instantly forgettable popcorn media. I doubt I’ll go see it, but I rarely went to films anyway. Too expensive, too crowded, too much hassle. But when it hits Disney+, sure, I’ll definitely enjoy it.

3 Likes

…and again…

5 Likes

So it’s The Truman Show thing but with more effects??

1 Like

Or is it They Live!, the other sunglasses movie.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.