Dear Leader Kim Jong Un declares K-Pop a "vicious cancer"

Ask your friend if they know Dreamcatcher.

2 Likes

Uh-oh. Here come the Kim Jong Un Gangnam Style deepfakes.

1 Like

12 Likes

Ummm I imagine that North Korea and Kim Jong Un are the last country and people who should be speculating about slave-like conditions. Also there’s been recent reports about Dear Leader’s apparent weight loss (although I couldn’t notice any difference) so maybe he’s a little envious of kpop stars’ physiques?

9 Likes

still…

10 Likes

Maybe stop making walls out of graham crackers?

4 Likes

Excellent synchronization there. I suppose they have to be or else.

2 Likes

Good video directing on the musical beats in the video (yes, you can do that in post if you are recording each camera separately, but you still have to direct the shots so you’ll have the coverage needed for the edits, though the camerawork was a bit squiffy), and the women are all actual musicians. First time an all woman band has seemed creepy to me - not because of the women, but because of why there are only women. That at the crescendo being North Korea blowing up the entire planet, like that’s a good thing :open_mouth:

4 Likes

The secret to making a sturdy gingerbread house is in the icing.

3 Likes

Indeed. From the article:

A 2014 U.N. Commission of Inquiry report accused the DPRK of forcing children into “grueling” gymnastics training programs for its annual mass games.

Re Kim Jong Un’s apparent weight loss, the strap on his watch has got tighter.
https://twitter.com/pearswick/status/1402177286435082248

5 Likes

Don’t forget “attire”…

1 Like

Now you’re talking.

1 Like

Those are strong words to say about ones astrological sign

1 Like

Here’s Kim enjoying a handshake with Red Velvet, one of the K-Pop groups that participated in giving a concert in the north during the summit meetings between north and south.

It was said that Irene, one of the members, said she recognized a fan because she’s seen the same expectant gaze from young men asking for an autograph.

4 Likes

Now Kim wants a different kind of red flavour.

2 Likes

Maybe the guy isn’t all bad after all.

Is anyone?

“Aw, c’mon, Pops! That’s what you said about the Beatles!”

9 Likes

There’s the seed of a Cory Doctorow novel here: in a fairly near future, post-prestroika with NK characteristics, capitalism comes to NK and the RIAA used the remnants of the NK security agencies to go after everyone who shared K-Pop tunes underground to shake them down for royalties and a bunch of plucky hackers and K-Pop stans have to take them down. :grin:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.