Dear Leader Kim Jong Un declares K-Pop a "vicious cancer"

IKR?! That fuck has absolutely no right to criticize anyone’s hair!

7 Likes

Authoritarians are always scared of others’ soft power.

9 Likes

I don’t know why it is, but every time I see this guy I think of Herbie Popnecker.

3 Likes

Yes indeedy.

download-2

7 Likes

Gangnam Style

15 Likes

Thank you for the reminder; I’ve corrected my post to be more accurate. :grin:

11 Likes

And so Kim Jong Un’s criticism is probably calculated and a reaction to that. Not just whackadoodle stuff.

7 Likes

K-Pop is the cancer that is killing Dear Leader.

be7ed1c5e9aa319d4067d242ab53f659b5276fc6f4503eda72e0c45ebc082156

14 Likes

Sang-sin Lee, a research fellow at the Korea Institute for National Unification (KINU), said that North Korea is likely railing against K-pop to fight off South Korean influence. The DPRK does not allow most citizens to consume foreign media, but some still manage to acquire smuggled movies, music and TV shows, often from South Korea.

“North Korea writing these types of articles shows that [Pyongyang] thinks it has become difficult to completely block off the distribution of K-pop music,” Lee said. “So, they are working on producing some sort of counterintelligence, claiming that these popular songs are being made under poor conditions — ‘slave-like’ exploitation of young trainees.”

6 Likes

Real talk; K-pop stans have earned my respect.

16 Likes

What is his opinion on Russian rave music?

12 Likes

ironic-aint-it

6 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes

My friend is a metal head who got into K-Pop. I asked if this segment was basically him:

(relevant part at 3:12 - 3:32)

2 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

My 36 year old daughter is obsessed with BTS, I torment her on Facebook every time she posts a video or story or pictures of her latest Army Fan Club merchandise. On the plus side, she is my kid so she also enjoys the classic rock she listened to growing up. On a side note she had been a Hanson fan since day one, I used to take her to shows when she was young, their political views have caused her to jump ship.

2 Likes

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has called K-Pop a “vicious cancer”

9 Likes
3 Likes