North Korean leader claimed to be "in grave danger" after heart operation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/20/north-korean-leader-claimed.html

5 Likes

We believe the Daily NK?

EDIT:

Given that other sources picked it up, I guess we do. I had thought the Daily NK was the news source that kept talking about people getting executed who then would show up at events perfectly fine.

4 Likes

Seriously overweight, has a bad ticker and a heavy smoker? The covid probably got to him. Not sure if the exposure was intentional or not

9 Likes

It kind of makes sense. Literal dictator, he can eat M&Ms and chain smoke all day if he wants I guess. Probably hard to nudge someone like that to be healthy + I suspect it’s lonely at the top.

8 Likes

The Invisible Enemy vs The Hermit Kingdom.

It’s not really a good time for succession strife, but then, when is it a good time?

10 Likes

So uhh… Trump is really into that whole “dictator” model… maybe we could mail him a carton of Marlboros?

9 Likes

Maybe this is just trying to generate sympathy for Kim, and increase his approval rating.

5 Likes

This is what happens when Trump falls in love with you

Speaking of, how has Trump not had a heart attack, with his weight, disdain for exercise, diet of hamberders and general angry disposition? Or is that what happened when he was rushed to the hospital that one day…

13 Likes

Probably has a team of cardiologists looking after him. The best people.

4 Likes

he’s probably at hitler in the bunker level “vitamin shots” at this point

10 Likes

There’s always the “picky toddler” approach.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484496-trump-doctor-hid-cauliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet

23 Likes

hell yeah, this is the content i come to the bbs for

5 Likes

Wait, hold up, he’s had a heart this whole time?

12 Likes

Has he considered getting a televangelist to blow on it?

20 Likes

They’re always accusing the libs of being demonically possessed, or of being literal demons.

Projection?

12 Likes

I’ve read that his weight gain was in part to capitalize on his uncanny resemblance to Kim Il Sung.

3 Likes

oh noes.

2 Likes

He’s got a portrait hidden in an attic somewhere that’s getting really really sick.

7 Likes

You can also hide medicine in food. It works for my cat!

7 Likes

The mainstream media outlet happy to print lurid execution stories is the Chosun Ilbo, South Korea’s leading conservative newspaper.

3 Likes