Kim Jong-Un reportedly "in vegetative state" as China sends experts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/25/china-sends-doctors-to-north-k.html

9 Likes

The Donald will be absolutely devastated, I’m sure.

26 Likes

Nope. Trump doesn’t like vegetables.

75 Likes

Hey, @beschizza, the second link to Shukan Gendai just goes to a BB 404 page.

7 Likes

Now the question is if NK will get better or worse after the psycho is gone. Who’s next in line?

7 Likes

What’s the succession plan involving this awful family? It’s not like Bob’s Big Boy has an heir lined up to take over the state cult.

12 Likes

Just keep in mind that at least half of stories about North Korea turns out to be fake rumors. It’s extremely hard to get reliable information from such a closed society.

Should he die its speculated his sister will take over, possibly as a figurehead for generals working in the background.

22 Likes

I think there was speculation that it would be Kim Yo-jong

20 Likes

Thats what I was reading too.

And apparently she’s been primed as the succession plan for a bit. By all accounts, she’s almost worse than her brother.

10 Likes

I corrected this to a google translate version of the source article.

16 Likes

We’ll see how this goes down with Trump, who is an absolute fucking woman-hater.

25 Likes

At least he’s practicing social distancing. I heard if you use a 2 meter phone cord you won’t catch the corona from the person you’re talking to.

2 Likes

Roger that! Thanks!

6 Likes

Google translate…

But the “bomb testimony” came in. Chairman Kim Jong-un is said to have been “humanized as a plant” after undergoing surgery.

:rofl:

I get the point… it still sounds funny, tho.

30 Likes

And come time for the funeral, we’re going to have millions of people packed shoulder-to-sobbing shoulder. COVID-19 will do very well.

15 Likes

Well , it’s either the virus you don’t see or the machine gun you do.

17 Likes

I guess it’s too much to hope for that a despotic nation would run out of monstrous assholes to lead the country.

22 Likes

When the grift is this good, yeah, I’m afraid it is.

10 Likes

That’s the trouble with basing international relations on personal ones – one little blood clot and it can take years to get back to where you were. And then another blood clot, or bullet,or …

For what it may be worth, a massive MI in someone 36 or 37 years old in the USA (obese or not) would be suspicious. Especially now, with COVID producing a big surge in them. That’s just an example, though, because NK under Kim’s inspired leadership has managed to avoid having any COVID in their country.

8 Likes

Have they tried bleach?

18 Likes