Death-defying wooden cliff path gets scarier as it goes

[Read the post]

1 Like
9 Likes

Now add lightning.:scream:

5 Likes

Me facing that downward climb: “Well, I guess I live up here now…”

17 Likes

Looks reasonably well-protected. There are tons of via ferratas like that in the Alps and other places all over the world.

1 Like

So this convinces me further that I’m right to start taking up hiking. I’m not in anywhere near the shape I need to be in to do that trail, but it does look more like fun than something anxiety inducing. At least to me.

2 Likes

Looks like fun.

Never done anything quite like that, but it reminds me a bit of the ladders up Putukusi near Machu Picchu.

3 Likes

I’m in shape, but not that kind’a “in shape”.

3 Likes

All I can think about is the people tasked with putting the bolts into the rocks - or carving out the foot holes! - in the first place.

2 Likes

Watched the first five minutes-- but it looks so crowded. Imagine if there was a medical emergency of some sort.

I’ve heard that the crowding is typical of Chinese tourism, though.

1 Like

So go with a friend, and be prepared to take care of your own medical emergencies.

1 Like

As a high schooler we did a hike up a hill for a biology class trip. The hill is really steep and you could consider it akin to going up a mountain at times, especially higher up. Near the top there was a part where you had to crawl on a near vertical rock face with almost nothing to hold onto beyond some small cracks on some rocks, and the occasional flimsy roots from nearby vegetation. Behind/under you there was a pretty decent drop that could either kill or severely injure someone. I’m surprised to this day that no one in our large group of inexperienced people did not slip off that wall.

4 Likes

RADICAL SELF-RELIANCE!

http://www.southpolestation.com/trivia/igy1/appendix.html

3 Likes

I see they’ve got lovelocks. Oh joy.

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like this would happen here; it definitely looks like everyone is wearing a harness and attaching to the anchor cables.

Scary part to me is that the safety cables are totally a new thing, and that previously those funky chains were all there was.

(Also, I can’t think of a more inappropriate place to put those stupid, selfish love locks.)

4 Likes

Scarier still is the static lanyards it appears he and others in the video are using:

1 Like

round is a shape!

7 Likes

I want to do this hike so badly now…

2 Likes

So is globular.

3 Likes