Death pigeon hovers ominously

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/24/death-pigeon-hovers-ominously.html

12 Likes

When Death decides to telecommute and sends a courier pigeon to inform people they’re dead instead of showing up in person, you’re at least comforted that he doesn’t reap you via text message yet.

14 Likes

If a Death pigeon poops on you, are you doomed?

9 Likes

ok, i would actually prefer pigeons if they did this IRL.

9 Likes

Cool effect, but I still loathe pigeons.

8 Likes

I bet that pigeon is just getting miffed at a belicose pachyderm off camera to the right. :wink:

4 Likes

8 Likes

Kererū are wonderfully goony.

But regular pigeons? Yeah, fuck those flying rats.

4 Likes

Far%20Side%20by%20Gary%20Larson%20-%20How%20Birds%20See%20the%20World

11 Likes

6 Likes

How timely this is. Yesterday morning I wouldn’t have given your comment a second thought but then I read this article. https://honest-food.net/in-defense-of-the-pigeon/

1 Like

true story: We took our two oldest kids to Disney World when they were younger. My daughter was 6 at the time. We were in Animal Kingdom, trip had been amazing up until the moment a bird took an enormous dump that landed on her hat and shoulder.

The trip was completely ruined for her at that point.

5 Likes

On the bright side, that may be the most authentic experience anyone has ever had at Disney World.

6 Likes

:notes: "But it’s not against any religion
To want to dispose of a pigeon" :notes:

12 Likes

Humpf. Well, if no one will mention “Brewster McCloud”, I will. i love the story of Altman asking Leonard Cohen for music for “McCabe and Mrs Miller” and Cohen said that he didn’t really watch movies and that the last film he liked was about a boy that wanted to fly in the Astrodome. Altman said that he made that film and Cohen said he’d do it.

3 Likes

Relax, after the apocalypse the famine will take care of the pigeon population (and the rat population, and the squirrel population, and the cat and dog population, and the…)

5 Likes

Patronus Pigeon or Death Eater Pigeon… you decide. Film at 11.

Dementor Pigeon?

1 Like

That’s not a pigeon. Check the hooked bill. It’s most likely a raptor.