Debbie Harry debunks the debunking of her brush with serial killer Ted Bundy: “It was him.”

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/11/debbie-harry-debunks-the-debun.html

8 Likes

If Debbie says it happened, I’m good with that.

31 Likes

Me, too. We really should believe women.

22 Likes

Yeah, considering what she and Chris Stein went through together, anyone doubting her is an idiot.

10 Likes

Yikes! That would be a scary as fuck revelation!

So, the post teases “After a valiant escape fit for an action movie,”, but no details? Do you have to read the book, I guess?

2 Likes

Wasn’t that photo a concept by H.R. Giger?

7 Likes

Somewhere else, I saw a quote from her that she was able to get her hand around the slightly-open window and open the door from the outside. When the driver saw what she was doing, he took a hard left turn and she tumbled out.

9 Likes

pemphigus vulgaris , a rare autoimmune disease of the skin

2 Likes

which included the removal of the passenger seat interior door handles.

Well, that’s a chilling phrase all on its own.

11 Likes

I’ll be reading this book for sure!

2 Likes

Giger did the cover art for the album.

I’m guessing that he painted the pins on a photograph by Brian Aris.

(I was confused by that sentence as well. Like “of all the names to not drop in this particular conversation?”)

3 Likes

It had reminded me of Brain Salad Surgery by ELP, when I said that over on Instagram someone told me that was his too along with the Alien and the 'still suit in Dune. Blew me away because now I can see it. No internet back in '75 when I was listening to ELP.

3 Likes

I’m half way through the book now, and her account is vivid. Of course she is pissed off with being dismissed.

4 Likes

Goddess Empress Deborah Ann Harry

4 Likes

I believe her. Things like that happen to people all the time. Scary stuff. Glad she made it out alive.

6 Likes

Not sure what you are referencing, but I was referring to when Debbie was raped at gun point while Chris watched, and I believe guitar(s) were stolen. In NYC, I believe

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.