Deborah Ann Woll and Joe Manganiello talk about acting, roleplaying, and D&D's unique form of storytelling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/deborah-ann-woll-and-joe-manga.html

3 Likes

just read this article on Joe’s work at a children’s hospital. https://www.post-gazette.com/ae/tv-radio/2019/01/08/Joe-Manganiello-Dungeons-and-Dragons-Childrens-Hospital-Pittsburgh/stories/201901080140

he’s a good soul and good ambassador for the game

5 Likes

Somewhat related, Joe Manganiello was just in Pittsburgh taking time to teach kids at Children’s Hospital to play D&D as a way to get “away” for a while

5 Likes

jinx…:yum:

D&D as performance is fucking great for people like me who don’t have a chance to hook up with a group to play. Podcasts and D&D in particular are like macaroni and cheese. such a creamy age for listening to collborative storytelling with randomized turns of events. Over the last 10 years I’ve been working on a pencil&paper RPG based on my non-profit’s work, and I can’t imagine anyone but my colleagues would ever want to play, but it could make for some fun pod.

4 Likes

Your work isn’t enough, you want to roleplay your work in your time off? You know most people use RPGs as an escape?

3 Likes

Well, the game is taking our model of community-based nonprofit work and applying it to a fantasy roleplaying world of swords and sorcery. Basically my collective stray half-payijg attention Spaceman Spiff fantasies and ideas from 10 years of sitting in leadership team meetings and doodling on my agendas. Plus I can reuse all the program tracking software I’ve developed to augment the game…

2 Likes

MS Project - the Role Playing Game!

“You and a project manager from another department both need the same 0.5 FTE of engineering to hit your next milestone. Roll for initiative!”

1 Like

Like they say, Great minds…

1 Like

You can watch Deborah Ann Woll get her geek on in Campaign 2 episode 45 of Critical Roll- The Stowaway.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.